Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's up with that ?why are we the last to get it?... BlackBerry Bold forum

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3

bold all around world but us !!!!

Advertisement

What's up with that ?why are we the last to get it?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Just the luck of the draw.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    You wouldn't believe how surprised I was that we (Canada) actually got it as soon as we did. It is difficult to understand why everyone else gets a Canadian developed product before the Canadians.....

Well, not really... Afterall.... We produce oil that is exported at one price and then re-imported at a higher price for us to consume.... So nothing amazes me.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post
    What's up with that ?why are we the last to get it?

Supposedly they had to fix some issues with us in the US. It should be coming soon from what this says.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    im pretty sure it is because the 3G network in the US is not the greatest and thats what theyre trying to fix. because on a good 3G network the bold does not have a single problem

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    im pretty sure it is because the 3G network in the US is not the greatest and thats what theyre trying to fix. because on a good 3G network the bold does not have a single problem
    Exactly! Most of AT&T's 3G network works on it's 1900MHz frequency. And that's the problem! Markets whos 3G network works on the 850MHz band have next to none of the problems the 1900MHz markets do. And AT&T is trying to fix some/most of this before the launch. What good is having a device that works on a 3G network if said device is switching to EDGE.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
    Exactly! Most of AT&T's 3G network works on it's 1900MHz frequency. And that's the problem! Markets whos 3G network works on the 850MHz band have next to none of the problems the 1900MHz markets do. And AT&T is trying to fix some/most of this before the launch. What good is having a device that works on a 3G network if said device is switching to EDGE.
    exactly ! Rogers has 850 and 1900 and thats why i havent seen a singe EDGE logo on my bold so far and i hope it stays the same !

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    oh wow Jamaica is getting the bold on Monday and you guys are still waiting for a release date :P NICE !

exactly ! Rogers has 850 and 1900 and thats why i havent seen a singe EDGE logo on my bold so far and i hope it stays the same !

What about tmobile?is tmobile 850?

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    We are the last to get anything. Hell I didn't find out my wife was pregnant til 1 day at the dinner table she said my water broke.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

Quote Originally Posted by Sam123gil View Post
    We are the last to get anything. Hell I didn't find out my wife was pregnant til 1 day at the dinner table she said my water broke.

Lol

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Because 3G is higher quality all around but here.

QUOTE=snipes mcgee;874565]Because 3G is higher quality all around but here.[/QUOTE]

So you mean 3G in third world is better US ?interesting!!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by yozpalang View Post
    So you mean 3G in third world is better US ?interesting!!!!
    it DEFINITELY is. I was in Morocco (not a third world country but not the USA) and the 3G signal has been PERFECT since like 3-4 years ago.

Let me explain to you why that is (from me living in Morocco, Spain, France and a lot of other countries before moving to Canada).
    In ALL those countries, EVERYBODY and their MOM is packing a cellphone. People LIVE by them, they NEED them. I had a cellphone when i was 12 back there.
    Cellphones are not a necessity here in North America, people ARE starting to rely on them but not as much as Europe.
    Plain random exemple : In the USA, ATT sells the SE w580 for 99.99$ on a 2years contract.
    In the UK Vodafone sells the same phone for 0$ for 2 years contract. Not only that but they also throw in a free Wii.
    This shows you how much people already HAVE a cellphone, companies are not making that many new activations anymore.

To go back on topic, the 3G network in the USA is not that good because the companies only started to realize that you have to take that chance of building it even before having enough customers using it.
    Rogers took that chance and that is why the 3G network in Canada is so good.

There my little story is done i hope it was informative enough!

it DEFINITELY is. I was in Morocco (not a third world country but not the USA) and the 3G signal has been PERFECT since like 3-4 years ago.

Let me explain to you why that is (from me living in Morocco, Spain, France and a lot of other countries before moving to Canada).
    In ALL those countries, EVERYBODY and their MOM is packing a cellphone. People LIVE by them, they NEED them. I had a cellphone when i was 12 back there.
    Cellphones are not a necessity here in North America, people ARE starting to rely on them but not as much as Europe.
    Plain random example : In the USA, ATT sells the SE w580 for 99.99$ on a 2years contract.
    In the UK Vodafone sells the same phone for 0$ for 2 years contract. Not only that but they also throw in a free Wii.
    This shows you how much people already HAVE a cellphone, companies are not making that many new activations anymore.

To go back on topic, the 3G network in the USA is not that good because the companies only started to realize that you have to take that chance of building it even before having enough customers using it.
    Rogers took that chance and that is why the 3G network in Canada is so good.

There my little story is done i hope it was informative enough!

Sure was.and you are right they are giving a way free phones Europe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast