WEll, i have some small issues with the 9700 i am currently working on a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

Bold 9700 issues for me???

Advertisement

WEll, i have some small issues with the 9700 i am currently working on a good and bad that i like about the phone but i wanted to ask has anyone had this issue whenever i get a text sometimes i click it and it does not let me read it it wont open. Another small issue i have is that when i text my sister it shows up on my bberry chat list even tho im texting her and not bbm her... anyone else having these issues?

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3
    As far as not being able to read a text, not sure what that is. I haven't had that problem. But the texts showing up as a BBM chat, that is normal for the new 5.0 OS. It will do that if the person you're texting is a BBM contact.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    its weird its only the first text too. The only way to see what the reply is is to send a text to the same contact and it opens it weird... maybe i should return. is there any way to not let that happen in the bbm?

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    I actually dont have this issue but I read if you have the persons pin# stored in your add book when you txt that person and they are also on your bb contact list, the message also goes there. If you do have a pin# stored in your add book associated with a bbm contact, try removing the pin # and see's if that works.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    im tring that now thanks the other small problems is my buzz alerts not working i will post see if deleting pin in contact works

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    Nope that didnt work whats happening is when she texts me it goes to the bbm and the bbm icon gets a notification..

Well what i went ahead and did was delete contact and add it again and have her add me on bbm no tthe other way around. so far seems like its working
    Last edited by bcbbanga4l; 11-21-2009 at 09:33 PM.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    go to bbm, options, show chats in messages application and set it to no.

As for not being able to open the text that is not an issue with the phone but with the OS.

Are still on stock OS? What OS version is that ?

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    well i fixed the first issue no problems i had them re add me that was the only way..

the os i have is 5.0.0.330
    platform 5.1.0.91

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    so that issue with SMS is an issue with the OS, might be fixed in softwAare update, actually 5.0.0.344 has no issues with that

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    mine does aside of that everytime i get a text i click it and it goes to a previous text from somone else i return and click it again it keeps doing it i have to bring my track pad all the way uptop before the first message and then go down to the new one and then it will open its weird