I realize that others have commented on the extraordinarily long boot time for the 9700. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Question Bold 9700 boot time

Advertisement

I realize that others have commented on the extraordinarily long boot time for the 9700. I'm just wondering if anyone's heard if there's a fix. What seems to be RIM's problem with BB boot times? Is this due to an aging OS; something endemic to Bolds; or something else? I'd appreciate hearing if someone has a pretty-good sense of what's going on here.

When I start looking at other phones, e.g., droid specifically, I know that I'm getting restless, and tired of a stable, but boring RIM OS. Right now I use my BB for business-related tasks; however, if I want something more interesting, I move over to an iTouch w/wifi. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this and what, if any, solutions some of you have found to the BB versus iPhone conundrum. I know the iPhone has it's own set of problems, but if they ever do multi-tasking and a removable battery...bye bye RIM...and one day, I hope, goodbye AT&T. Thanks.

Andrew
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The boot time is just horrible on the 9700. I used to own one and you're abosolutely right. My desktop starts a lot faster than that phone. I used to sit there and stare at that bootup screenfor three to five minutes. I wanted to throw that thug out the window so bad. My phone now boots in less than twebty seconds and I'm amazed. What was I thinking? But that's jut me. To each it's own, really. Good luck bro
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    If you think the 9700 boot time is bad, try a 9000. 9700-3 to 4 mins. 9000-6 to 7 minutes.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...whatever time it takes, it's a good clean up. For that I'm ok with it. Battery pulls are not an issue, and the only time I waste with reboot is because I had to delete an application that I shouldn't have downloaded in the first place !

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Man I thought it was pretty quick compared to the 8900 even...??

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    just rebooted my 9000 1 and a half min if that,and as far as the other phones thats been talked about too much by a i touch to play games and such, like alot of people i know have
    " B safe "

mschoonie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21940E4B
    The other thing is you can set quick pull up to do your battery pull at a time when you would not be using your phone and there is no issue at all.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...and Quickpull is free ! Works well. I do it by routine, once a week ! My 9700 is all grins after that...

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2
    How often are you rebooting?

I only reboot maybe once a week...I don't find it that big a deal?