NEWS!!!!! straight from rim/tech vie at&t! im on my 9th replacement in less then 2months! ... BlackBerry Bold forum

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb bold 9000 wont show in the my computer window

Advertisement

NEWS!!!!! straight from rim/tech vie at&t! im on my 9th replacement in less then 2months! on july 21 2009,,,,,rim/tech told me the issue with my bold not showing up in :WINDOWS: 'my computer',,,,,,,,is a knowen ''RIM'' manufacture problem!!!!!!!! so he told me that at&t warranty will replace the 8th return again! on 07/21/2009 i received #9 on 07/22/2009 and it works flawlessly!!!!!!! my wife received her upgrade from her curve to the bold today,,,,and guess what? hers has the same issue as my other 8 did! so called at&t warranty to get it replaced and they '''would NOT''' replace it until we took it to an at&t store,,,,saying i was wrong about the memory issue of not showing up in my desktop! so went to store and also took computer and hooked my new bold up,,,worked flawlessly,,,,,,,,,and hers did ''NOT'' lol the manger was in shock,,,,and noted as to such on her account! then warranty replacement is now shipping her another 'most then likely' POS!!!!!! i am very much ready to join in a class action lawsuit against at&t!!!!!!!!!!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't understand why you would want to sue AT&T?? If the issue is a "known RIM manufacture problem", why sue AT&T? They are replacing the defective phone, what else are they supposed to do? What would be the grounds for the suit?

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I have a Bold through AT&T also and have had a similar issue with the device not showing when plugged in via USB... no need to worry though, just go to this thread http://forums.pinstack.com/f61/mass_storage_issues_heres_the_fix-96938/ it will help with your device not showing via USB... also did you install the desktop manager? If not use the disk that came with your device or you can download it from the BlackBerry website... hope this helps!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Sorry you had to go through 9 phones to get this straightened out for at least one of your devices, but gotta agree with Ray that I'm not sure you'd have a great case against AT&T. Keep us updated on your wife's new handset.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    don't have a clue yet till monday when the lawyer gets back with me! however rim/tech told me that they were aware of certain bb bolds with this internal memory problem and that they weren't going to recall them,,,,,,but replace them only! however at&t warranty replacement "IS NOT" addressing the issue before they reship to a consumer!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm wondering then if the glitch is totally random or from a batch that they can track my the numbers of the devices.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb bb bold

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I'm wondering then if the glitch is totally random or from a batch that they can track my the numbers of the devices.
    dint know! but sure would be awesome if it was that simple and that at&t would acknowledge and track the numbers before they ship a POS refurb!

millerhe1968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy View Post
    don't have a clue yet till monday when the lawyer gets back with me! however rim/tech told me that they were aware of certain bb bolds with this internal memory problem and that they weren't going to recall them,,,,,,but replace them only! however at&t warranty replacement "IS NOT" addressing the issue before they reship to a consumer!
    And again neither is RIM they send the refurbished devices to the warranty exchange departments in the first place so its RIMs responsibility to fix before reshipping back to at&t so the again not much of a case.And your tech even substantiated the fact that RIM is responsible as he stated we ( to mean RIM by common understanding.). I dont mean to sound crass but sue the right people.
    Last edited by millerhe1968; 07-25-2009 at 01:39 PM.
    Unlocked Blackberry Torch 9810. On T-mobile.

millerhe1968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy View Post
    dint know! but sure would be awesome if it was that simple and that at&t would acknowledge and track the numbers before they ship a POS refurb!
    Not there responsibility to as RIM themselves would not issue a recall of the devices.The fault lays with RIM not at&t. At&t did not manufacture the device with known manufactures defects.
    Unlocked Blackberry Torch 9810. On T-mobile.

PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Quote Originally Posted by millerhe1968 View Post
    Not there responsibility to as RIM themselves would not issue a recall of the devices.The fault lays with RIM not at&t. At&t did not manufacture the device with known manufactures defects.
    im not here to argue any legalities! i was just trying to forward helpful info,,,,,,,so if anyone else was having the same issue!