Hi all, Is anyone using the 5.0.414 on Rogers Bold 9000... I just wanted to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jrmtl no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.414 on Rogers

Advertisement

Hi all,

Is anyone using the 5.0.414 on Rogers Bold 9000... I just wanted to know how it's working out and if there are issues with Rogers ( and why they haven't deployed it officially )

thx !

vinitv no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmtl View Post
    Hi all,

Is anyone using the 5.0.414 on Rogers Bold 9000... I just wanted to know how it's working out and if there are issues with Rogers ( and why they haven't deployed it officially )

thx !
    I am using it now for the past month and generally seems to be ok. It has some bugs though specially while sending SMS. Otherwise it has some great features added like the flag on email

wangchongs no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by vinitv View Post
    I am using it now for the past month and generally seems to be ok. It has some bugs though specially while sending SMS. Otherwise it has some great features added like the flag on email
    i am on version 5.0.0.238 littles bugs here and there but work fine on my bold from rogers

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm using 5.0.0.509 on my AT&T Bold and it has been a great OS. .509 has been released by Wind Hellas but it can be installed on a bold from any carrier. Help on installing an OS from a different carrier can be found here.

msedaros no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B1341
    I'm on .509 on a Rogers Bold and it works great. highly recomended, best yet.

gnatterbugg no está en línea Stack level 1
    How do you download it?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatterbugg View Post
    How do you download it?
    If you want a leaked version and you're not particular about the carrier, check the forums here. Latest official versions are here. Often times there are no differences between the leaks and the officials. Only that a carrier somewhere in the world has determined the leaked version works "well enough" on their system and so they endorse it. Alryder posted a link above to the most current official 5.0 and a link on how to install it. As long as the devices match, the carrier is more or less irrelevant.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by alryder View Post
    I'm using 5.0.0.509 on my AT&T Bold and it has been a great OS. .509 has been released by Wind Hellas but it can be installed on a bold from any carrier. Help on installing an OS from a different carrier can be found here.
    agreed. I'm on rogers, and i downloaded the .509. Really stable.

jrmtl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi C2k,

What are the bugs with this version with Rogers? I hear v.5 has some voice distortion issues ...

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    havent had any... i'm on .681 and it seems pretty stable as well. Just try .509 or .681. If it's not to your liking just switch back, no biggie.