So I just got the wife an entire PINK accessory kit to pink-out her bold...after ... BlackBerry Bold forum

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold 9000 Lens replacement......Suicide?

Advertisement

So I just got the wife an entire PINK accessory kit to pink-out her bold...after yanking out all the guts, I swaped the motherboard into the new housing, installed the pink keyboard, new track ball....but I'm hung up on one thing. It came with a new lens which replaces the old black one. No new lcd just the lens. My question is, how do you go about reattaching the new lens onto the lcd? I saw a video on how to take it apart, they are held together by what appeared to be a glue or rubber cement that should be peeled away once apart...but the new lens didn't come with any adhesive or glue, so I assume when I go to put everything backinto the phone, the lcd will not be secure to the lens and slide around underneath it........

Any suggestions? I've seen how people have changed the lens out to a white one and so forth, but no detailed instructions on applying the new lens.

Thanks a million for any help!

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just did it to my Bold a couple days ago.. changed it to all white. I had two white lenses, and an extra lcd so I tried it on the old one first just in case it was more complicated than I thought. All went well, so I did it again to my good lcd. I bought two-sided tape to put around the edge of the lens. It works perfectly.

Be sure you take your time when you're _gently_ prying the old lens off the lcd. I used my hairdryer on medium heat for about ten mins to heat up the glue. The first one was a pain and took a really long time to get the residue off the lcd, but the second time (with my good lcd) wasn't as bad. I read somewhere to use peanut butter to help remove it, but I used margarine and a q-tip and it worked great... and then used Monster Screen Clean to clean it all up.

Good luck.

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I really appreciate the reply, I was wondering about double sided tape, but wasn't sure if you would have to put the tape on the actual screen, which I wouldn't want to do. But you say you put it all around the edge of the screen? I wonder if the seal would be as good? Would hate to acquire the problem I had with my curves....DUST!!!

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Actually I only put the tape along the bottom and top edges so technically, yes, I suppose dust might be able to get in. However, I would think that if you put it along all four edges it would be ok. I'm not opposed to taking it apart to clean it thoroughly every so often so it's not big deal for me.