Help! I installed the Empower Pro on my 9000 with AT&T. My emails now are ... BlackBerry Bold forum

LosAngelesBold no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bold 9000 - Email is messed up! HELP!!!

Advertisement

Help! I installed the Empower Pro on my 9000 with AT&T. My emails now are a load of gibberish. Its like im looking at a Frontpage HTML screen. Ive gone back on email options and made sure that all the HTML and photo etc. download are set correctly. Anyone have any ideas? Its kill'n me!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    take if off and reload it.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

I did that to no avail. The body of the email begins with the following:

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "w3.org/...nal.dtd"html

and it just goes on and on...

also when i try to to pull up the email menu it wont come up (both if I hit the trackwheel or the left click). it only lets me scroll up and down and return to the email inbox

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Looks like it converted all your email to HTML

deuceap610 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I had the same problem, was your email associated with another PIN in BIS? Apparently this is a common problem that stems from said issue. For me I had to talk to RIM tech support and we ended up wiping my BB. Hopefully that's not what has to be done for everyone though.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Make sure to that you have registered your PIN with your BIS account online with your carrier! This happened when i switched from the Curve to my Bold and my BIS account still had my Curve IMEI and PIN#. Once I changed it to the BOLD's info and resent the service books just in case and everything was back to normal.... Give that a try and let us know!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    Make sure to that you have registered your PIN with your BIS account online with your carrier! This happened when i switched from the Curve to my Bold and my BIS account still had my Curve IMEI and PIN#. Once I changed it to the BOLD's info and resent the service books just in case and everything was back to normal.... Give that a try and let us know!
    Indeed make sure you always do that when you switch devices.
    When your SIM card is in the new device and you login the BIS website, it should prompt you to switch devices and thats what you have to select.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    You don't ;have to do it online, but after inserting the SIM and sending the books you gotta go to Setup internet email and it'll notice the different PIN and ask you if you want to replace it. Then you're good.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    You don't ;have to do it online, but after inserting the SIM and sending the books you gotta go to Setup internet email and it'll notice the different PIN and ask you if you want to replace it. Then you're good.
    Indeed, good point. I just find it easier to do it online