I'm a crackberry addict, and decided to swap the curve for a bold. Lately, I'll ... BlackBerry Bold forum

caseyj1231 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bold 9000/3G Connection Help?

Advertisement

I'm a crackberry addict, and decided to swap the curve for a bold. Lately, I'll be sitting in a full 3G network, then will switch to edge, then will drop to "Searching for network". I wait 2-3 minutes, it comes back to full 5 bars 3G. 10-15 minutes later, repeat.

Anyone have any ideas? I love the bold like no other except this "minor hitch".

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That definitely sounds like a faulty GSM antenna to me. Because if it stayed on EDGE i would have said 3G network reception but because it drops the GSM connection all together i have to say im sorry but i think its a faulty device.

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would recommend selecting either 2G only or 3G only. I used to have this issue. I think it might be to do with the phone trying to choose between two signals. If I am in a known 3G weak spot I keep it selected to 2G and then keep it on 3G the rest of the time. Never keep it on both.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbluemusic View Post
    I would recommend selecting either 2G only or 3G only. I used to have this issue. I think it might be to do with the phone trying to choose between two signals. If I am in a known 3G weak spot I keep it selected to 2G and then keep it on 3G the rest of the time. Never keep it on both.
    Where do I go to set this? I'm hoping it's not a faulty GSM antenna either... may have to go back to AT&T. Blah.

Go to...
    Options >> Mobile Network >> Network Mode

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    But the thing is that Yours tigerblue would jump between both but stay on one or the other; his drops the signal all together thats why i said :

Because if it stayed on EDGE i would have said 3G network reception but because it drops the GSM connection all together i have to say im sorry but i think its a faulty device.

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    But the thing is that Yours tigerblue would jump between both but stay on one or the other; his drops the signal all together thats why i said :

Because if it stayed on EDGE i would have said 3G network reception but because it drops the GSM connection all together i have to say im sorry but i think its a faulty device.
    Yeah. I had the same issue a little while ago where it was dropping from 3G to nothing. I was then going into my mobile options to turn of mobile signals then turn them on again and it found 3G again fine. I've not seen this issue since I started picking one or the other. Might not be anything to do with my actions. Just a thought.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh definitely and thanks for the input but it shouldnt drop the signal all together neither on yours or his ... hmm ... ATT's network is really that jumpy ?

Seaghostkilla no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2404E145
    Its not that jumpy unless your on a fringe area so just go get a new phone .

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah thats what ive been saying/thinking. Go claim a replacement while youre still under the 30days. Better safe than sorry right ?
    If youre scared of having to put everything back on it do what i do : bring your laptop with you and use the device switch option via the DM at the store lol

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    ATT Bolds don't have the option to use 2g or 3g or autoswitch. It does what it does. Rogers Bolds have that option. This is a well known issue with ATT Bolds. Update the OS works for some.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    ATT Bolds don't have the option to use 2g or 3g or autoswitch. It does what it does. Rogers Bolds have that option.
    Indeed, the ATT Rom doesnt have that option built in sorry i just assume everybody has a Rogers Bold :P
    But yeah even more reason to go exchange your unit while you still can.
    Good point TheBigNewt

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Indeed, the ATT Rom doesnt have that option built in sorry i just assume everybody has a Rogers Bold :P
    But yeah even more reason to go exchange your unit while you still can.
    Good point TheBigNewt
    Yeah lol, I was like.. where is this thing.. going to take it back this afternoon to see. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyj1231 View Post
    Yeah lol, I was like.. where is this thing.. going to take it back this afternoon to see. Thanks.
    No worries. and Good luck