So I am most likely going to upgrade to the bold when it comes out. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold 3g service question

Advertisement

So I am most likely going to upgrade to the bold when it comes out. My question is whether BIS is going to be charging more for 3g service like the iPhone did. Does anyone know?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by gatechfireblade View Post
    So I am most likely going to upgrade to the bold when it comes out. My question is whether BIS is going to be charging more for 3g service like the iPhone did. Does anyone know?
    Your plan charges shouldn't change at all.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    The current iPhone plan charge is not "special" or costlier because it's 3G, but rather only appears that way because the original iPHone had a special plan that was actually cheaper than AT&T's other data plans.

Cheapest individual voiceplan available is $39.99 and $30.00 for the BB add-on = $69.99. Same with the iPhone...cheapest voice plan is $39.99 and $30 for data plan = $69.99.

So don't think of it as AT&T charging more for the iphone plan for the 3G model...think of it as AT&T formerly charging less for 2G iphone buyers who signed up when that "special" plan was available.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    However you think of it, the bottom line is, it costs more, right?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    More than iPhone 2G yes, more than a BB? Depends on your plans. It could be very comparable.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    But overall your plan should change if you still get a BB bold. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    But overall your plan should change if you still get a BB bold. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    why do you think it will change? If he's paying $39.99 for voice and $30.00 for the BIS plan now, it'll be the same when the bold comes out.

Like I said before, the ONLY reason the plans for the new iPhone are expensive compared to the old iphones is because they got rid of the "special" iphone plan. Now it's just the regular data plan, and the BB data plans are in line with the current regular data plans. And they aren't going to raise prices just because it's now 3G...AT&T has other 3G phones that were out before the iphone or bold and they didn't raise data rates just because these devices are 3G.
    Last edited by mrdeeno; 08-06-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    However you think of it, the bottom line is, it costs more, right?
    The reason it costs more has nothing to do with 3G. The reason it costs more is because they got rid of the "special" iphone plan and now just tack on the regular data plan, which naturally costs more than the "special" iphone plan.

But if he's coming into the Bold from a BIS plan, they aren't going to charge more just because it's 3G. Take a look at the phones available from AT&T...there were 3G smartphones available long before the iphone 3G came out. Did they just decide to raise rates because these phones are 3G?

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Ok.. You got very technical there, thus I shall trust it won't change. You do have good points. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~