The darn thing, which has always worked great, started acting funny in Latin America yesterday, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

dtucker230 no está en línea Stack level 2

Bold 2 will not reboot - gets stuck halfway through over and over again

Advertisement

The darn thing, which has always worked great, started acting funny in Latin America yesterday, although it had worked fine all week. So I did a battery pull after I landed back in the States. Now it will not reboot. It gets to about halfway (the "status bar" gets about halfway across) and then it blacks out and the red button goes on for five seconds, then nothing, theni it starts the process all over again. It just keeps running through thise series over and over again. Any ideas would be appreciated. Maybe I need a new battery? Maybe device is dead? I dont think going to Colombia did anything bad to it, and I take it to China all the time without any problem.

Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hm, not sure what to tell you. Maybe an OS wipe and reload will cure what ails your device?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Try booting your BlackBerry in safe mode. If that does not work, you will probably need to reload the OS.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Try booting your BlackBerry in safe mode. If that does not work, you will probably need to reload the OS.
    Just to add, booting in safe mode gives you the option to remove any corrupted software or any themes that may not be 100% suited to your phone. It is like booting a PC in safe mood. A very good option to be aware of, and is a very good suggestion.

dtucker230 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thank you. It didn't work but this is good to know as I was unaware of the safe mode. I will try to relaod OS when I get home tonight. I really appreciate how quickly you folks always jump in to help!