Hello all, I've just bought a 2nd hand blackberry and I'm new at it. It ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Rucious no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold 2 - There is reception but can't call!

Advertisement

Hello all,
    I've just bought a 2nd hand blackberry and I'm new at it. It was contracted phone to vodafone so yes it was locked but I did the unlocking. Whenever I put any simcard It would pick the signal but I cannot call or text or send and recieve calls from anyone. I went to vodafone they said its barred, but the 1st owner says its not. someone else told me I can use the phone anywhere in world but UK, so I tried a Turkish Simcard and did get the reception but again same problem, couldn't call anyone. What else should I do? About service book thing, I tried to register but nothing happens ( I don't know if service book is related or not). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Best,

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Welcome to PinStack! Are you sure this Bold is not a stolen device by previous owner/s so its possibly blocked from making calls etc? Try dialing the emergency #... 911 or 999 or what ever is use locally. Does that work?

The same SIM/s works fine in other devices correct or it may need to be re-provisioned.

I've double checked with the 1st owner that its not stolen and he says he has paid all the bills, also I went to vodafone to ask whether its blacklisted or not and it isn't. I tried emergency call and the error I got is Phone not allowed MM#5.

Also there is 3G network, which means I can connect to internet but still can't call or recieve anything.

When I try to emergency call it says Phone not allowed MM#5, if it was mm#6 it means the phone is blocked(imei). Any ideas how can I make it work?

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If the fone drops calls with a 3 tones after it chances are the phone IS stolen/blacklisted and you've been knocked. Go back to the seller and tell him to make a call from it to prove its ok.