Ok so I have had the bold for about a week now. After waiting months ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jroadside27 no está en línea Stack level 2

Bold??

Advertisement

Ok so I have had the bold for about a week now. After waiting months and months for this thing to come out I finaly got it. Unfortunatley I am not to impressed. Take the browser for instance. The internet browsing on this phone is nothing like they hyped it up to be! If you ask me the iphone beats this hands down when it comes to surfing the web. If you don't belive me try it yourself. Go to youtube and try to watch a music video. First the picture quality is horrible second you have to wait until the whole video buffers before you can watch.
    The other beef I have is if you are going to take all this time and money to bring out the newest badest blackberry the least you can do is upgrade the camera. Another thing it says it comes with mobile word and xcel but haha just a trial version if you want the whole thing you gots to pay!! What a joke if it wasn't for blackberry messanger I would deff go back to the iphone. Nice try Rim!! Hope the storm comes to att soon although I'm sure that will disapoint as well.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    There is no question that Safari is the best browser on a mobile device.

If your goal is to watch YouTube Videos and Surf the web, a BlackBerry is not for you. You are better off with the iPhone.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    umm...mobile Excel and word are free.. if you want to upgrade to the premium thats when you pay, i use it all the time for free... secondly , the camera is updated a little , but not a whole lot, Video is larger on Bold too. Browser is ok, there is many ways you can custemize how it looks and works.

there is lovers and haters, so even the best phone is going to get hated on :P
    its really not as bad as some people say it is.

jroadside27 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm not saying it is a bad phone and no I don't watch videos and surf the web all day. I'm just pissed that I did not get what I was promissed. As far as the word goess how do you create a new word document?

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    you have upgrade to premium to make docs, but a way around this is, if you have Microsoft office on your computer ( if you use it on your phone, chances are you have on the computer too) make an empty doc, save it, and pass it to your phone. when you want to make a new Doc, simply make a copy of the doc on your blackberry (blackberry can make a copy without a computer now) simply make a second copy of the empty doc and start doing what you do, easy way to get around the 60 dollar upgrade charge

or can download the BBnotepad its the same as the notepad for computer, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by jroadside27 View Post
    I'm not saying it is a bad phone and no I don't watch videos and surf the web all day. I'm just pissed that I did not get what I was promissed. As far as the word goess how do you create a new word document?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Indeed it looks like the iPhone would have been a better choice for your needs.
    The Bold's browsing is more than decent if well setup and the Office docs are just fine if you load empty templates on your SD card (hint hint ).
    But youre right they couldnt have given it the 3.2mp camera the javelin and the storm have.
    I really think the Bold was a transition device and the the newer ones are the true next gen.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    "transition device" what do you mean by that? I've had "transition" girlfriends and all that meant was that they were not that important (I'm trying not to say "throw away") I thought this was supposed to be the "flagship" device. I think this is the path rim is gonna take with the browser, build, and look for they're newer models. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Word

Quote Originally Posted by jroadside27 View Post
    As mentioned. Create an empty Word Document and use it as a template to create documents. When you finish, just SAVE AS.

The iPhone can't even cut and paste, let alone view Word and Excel documents.

Determine your needs and then pick the phone that serves those needs.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Did you expect the Bold browser to be better. WHY?

If you want a phone that does the Internet the best, you got the wrong device.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    "transition device" what do you mean by that? I've had "transition" girlfriends and all that meant was that they were not that important (I'm trying not to say "throw away") I thought this was supposed to be the "flagship" device. I think this is the path rim is gonna take with the browser, build, and look for they're newer models. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I still believe it is their flagship device but i also believe that it will also be the first one to be replaced in the NEAR NEAR future and that its replacement will have the new battery door, the new micro usb and the new flat back and bumped front like on every other device).

prettyboy2388 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249E145B
    i hear you but the bold is more versatile than the i-phone and in regards to that the Bold has the upperhand; in my opinion, that is. Who needs an i-phone when you have an ipod. That's how I feel. No disrespect though to those that love the iphone and/or those that disagree w/ me.
    Stephane 'thedoc' Elias