my device cannot pair with other device. Why? Can anyone help. Cheers, swoh... BlackBerry Bold forum

swoh no está en línea Stack level 1

Post bluetooth

Advertisement

my device cannot pair with other device. Why? Can anyone help.
    Cheers, swoh

I'm beginer, Need a guide how to down load theme to my device. pls help.

bold 9000

I'm beginer, Need a guide how to down load theme to my device. pls help.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    WELCOME TO PINSTACK!

ok first what are you trying to pair with?
    then..

are you downloading a .zip file for the theme you are trying to install?
    or is it an OTA?

are you sure it's for your phone?
    are you sure it's for your OS?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i found that the bold cannot receive files when paired with my iMac over bluetooth when my Curve could. strange but true

At first, i tried to pair with my samsung phone. Failed. Then i tried with my laptop, also failed. I also tried others phone but still cannot pair it. why and how? please help.

How to syncronize my bold with laptop? How could i down load the theme. directly from bold phone set or connected to lap top. please guide. thank you.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    With the laptop I'd say, why not just use your data cable?

And as far as the pairing with another phone, what are you trying to accomplish?

If you are sending media (I.e. Images, rintones, video etc.)
    You are going to need to go into options and to bluetooth have one phone set to be "discovered" and the other to "search" once they have talked you can rename your contact so you know what it is.
    Then...
    You will need to make one phone send and the other receive. To do this go into your media (on the phone you want to send the file to) and go to where ever you want to save the file (music, ringtones,video, voicenotes) and hit menu and "receive using bluetooth". On the other phone go to the file you want to send and hit menu and "send using bluetooth" select the phone you want to send to. And hit send. Should work.

Also keep in mind I don't have a bold so these instructions may need to be altered depending on how different your OS is from mine.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    On the Bold, Options, Bluetooth, Enable Bluetooth. Then, one of the two devices needs to be discoverable to the other. You can select Options in the Bluetooth menu and make the Bold discoverable. Then kick off bluetooth discovery on your laptop and it should find it.
    Not sure why you'd be trying to pair it with your Samsung phone?? (not sure what you're trying to accomplish here...doubt that the two devices will be able to do anything together) - but, I've never tried to pair two phones together either...again...not sure what the benefit would be.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by swoh View Post
    How to syncronize my bold with laptop? How could i down load the theme. directly from bold phone set or connected to lap top. please guide. thank you.
    as far as adding a theme to your bold it CANNOT be done over bluetooth.
    either you can get it thru OTA from your phone's browser or you have to install it through the DM.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Gotcha on one there ranxoren - if you used the bluetooth serial connection, you COULD install a theme over bluetooth (using DM)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Gotcha on one there ranxoren - if you used the bluetooth serial connection, you COULD install a theme over bluetooth (using DM)
    hmm never tried that as i am a mac user. but ill trust you on that one.
    i still think if youre close enough for bluetooth that a cable is way better
    the only thing is use BT for tethering with my bold