Hi all, Hope you can help. I'm trying to get Bloomberg to work on the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

MrPaulJames no está en línea Stack level 1

Bloomberg app on Bold?

Advertisement

Hi all,

Hope you can help.

I'm trying to get Bloomberg to work on the new bold for one of our MDs. It installs and logs in fine, however the icons in the software are very small.

I've called Bloomberg about this and they say that it'll be fixed with a software update from Blackberry (for the firmware?).

Seems like a funny answer to me, I was just wondering if there was anyway to change the size of the icons, that you guys might know of?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Honestly, I think they're feeding you a line. That things are too small suggests that the application wasn't rewritten for the Bold (which has higher resolution than any of the other BB's on the market today).
    All application vendors had to come up with bold-specific versions...if Bloomberg hasn't yet, then the onus is on them to do so...not RIM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Exactly, the only reason theyre so small is because the res of the Bold's screen is way higher than the Curve's (320x240 for the Curve vs 480x240).
    Their iPhone App is pretty good btw.

Insidii no está en línea Stack level 1
    MrPaulJames have you noticed if the alert notifications for bloomberg msg alerts are working or not on the device? I have a bold setup for a client and I am unable to get sound working, just wondering if this is the same for all bold's or if its just mine.

This could also be caused by Bloomberg not having software that can talk to the sound drivers for the bold.

But I have gotten no response from bloomberg and I have spent many hours troubleshooting the device

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Remember guys - higher resolution on the Bold...so, while you might be able to get an 8800 or 8300 version of the app to work, it won't be as high a res as a native app. (surprised it isn't released yet).

scrybe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I have the same problems -- the small icons, and the sounds for alerts don't seem to go off.

The icon issue is supposed to be fixed in a software upgrade (from Bloomberg, not RIM) due out next month.

I've alerted them to the problems with the audio alerts, but it may be good for others to raise this issue as well.

INSIDII, do you get an LED alert or does that not work, either?

The only other problem I have found with this, is on install I've had it hang up with an Error 200. I had to do a battery pull and restart with it connected to a USB to get it to work. Otherwise, the Bloomberg for Blackberry software works like a charm -- and is extremely valuable.

Has anyone seen any other problems with this software on the Bold??

Insidii no está en línea Stack level 1
    Scrybe: Yes we do not get the LED alerts either. We have been pulling what weight we can with bloomberg to try and sort these issues out as more and more clients switch to the bold.

I have also had issues on the install with it needing a battery pull to get started again.

PIN/ID
    Ok, good to know -- as long as the programmers have been alerted to it, then I'm sure they'll be on top of it.

PIN/ID
    A new update is out that should fix these problems. You should be able to upgrade via the menu function in the application. Much improved.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mortys11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ota link ?

PIN/ID
    New version of Bloomberg for Bold is out, for those who have Bloomberg function. You can either upgrade on the device from your existing application, or do a reinstall.

It's quite different. Orange background, massively large field in center screen to type in functions, and large Bold-style icons that are much easier to see and use. Definite imporvement. Plus, the alert functions are now working, including sound and LED