I had my bold out listening to music through the headphones working in the backyard, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

odej98 no está en línea Stack level 1

blasting my ears

Advertisement

I had my bold out listening to music through the headphones working in the backyard, and every time a new song started, the volume was so high i had to rip out my headphones. It did this everytime a new song started. I would turn down the volume and then continue working until the next song started and then it would blast my ears again.

Any ideas?

V4.6.0.297 (platform 4.0.0.247)

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    My Bold did this as well and i couldnt figure out how to get it to stop, and then when i upgraded my os, it quit. I'm running 4.6.0.297, as well. before i was running the previous .238 you might try reloading your os and see if that works.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yea, I'd give the same advice. That problem was mostly reported to occur on unofficial OSes, weird to hear about it on an official OS.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

odej98 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I used the wireless upgrade function on my bold to get to where I am. I am not sure if it came from AT&T or blackberry.

Do you recommend one source over the other?

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well you can't reinstall over the air so I believe your only route is to use the desktop manager. Many people do prefer the DM over wireless upgrades, but I've never tried the OTA method, so the DM is what I'm used to. I can't use OTA upgrades anyway because I'm using unofficial software.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Well you can't reinstall over the air so I believe your only route is to use the desktop manager. Many people do prefer the DM over wireless upgrades, but I've never tried the OTA method, so the DM is what I'm used to. I can't use OTA upgrades anyway because I'm using unofficial software.
    Now i am going to have to be the one to agree with snipes. I have done OS upgrades both thru DM and OTA, and i will tell you this, as crazy as it may sound, it was much more nerve wracking to do it OTA, at least when i had my phone hooked to DM, i could see the communication between my device and PC and knew things were still happening, OTA, your phone just "Spaces Out" for a period of time and that will make any berry user panicky... so i DEFINITELY reccoment upgrading thru DM.. great advice Snipes. Good luck ODE, let us know how it turns out.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by odej98 View Post
    I used the wireless upgrade function on my bold to get to where I am. I am not sure if it came from AT&T or blackberry.

Do you recommend one source over the other?
    and FYI, if you have a wireless upgrade feature in your advanced options menu, it is going to come from your carrier, not directly from RIM. I wondered that the first time i saw it too... good question.