I just got a completely blank BBM request and can't seem to get rid of ... BlackBerry Bold forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Blank BBM Request

Advertisement

I just got a completely blank BBM request and can't seem to get rid of it. I have tried upgrading BBM, installing a fresh version over what was shipped with my Bold, and just removed the SIM and battery for 30 seconds. The blank request is still there. Next step will be to wipe the Bold and reload apps one by one then restore my contacts list. Has anyone else seen this issue before??

The wipe cured the problem (and I didn't even have to reload the OS). I have no idea how it even showed up on the screen.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Never saw that before, Erica. Shame you had to wipe the device. Sounds like you just did a security wipe and not an OS wipe.

I was going to do the OS wipe if the Security Wipe didn't work first. But since it worked, I decided not to bother with it.

Looks like I will have to do another wipe. This time it's the Facebook app acting up. I have an unread Facebook Message notification icon but I have read and deleted EVERY notification and message; rebooted the phone; pulled the battery and SIM card. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...