I have seen some other posts on here that briefly touch on this but i ... BlackBerry Bold forum

superman2683 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e07eda

Blackberry trade up program with at&t

Advertisement

I have seen some other posts on here that briefly touch on this but i wanted to give yall the actuall site so you can go and check out how much your trade in would be worth towards a new blackberry bold! Here is the link: http://blackberrybold.tradeups.com/ and let me know if you have any questions.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Wow thats cool. Too bad T-Mobile doesn't have something like that.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Has anybody tried this? I wonder what the cost of the Bold is. I went to the site to check it out, and while it gave me the trade-up value for my 8310, it didn't tell me what the cost of the Bold would be, at least at the point in the process at which I stopped.

PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    The credit is what your gonna get back by check in the mail. You would still come in to the store for you upgrade and the phone would be 299 after 100 MIR but then your getting the additional money back from RIM. ex: nokia n95 trade in in excellent condition 185 so your final out of pocket bold cost after rebate and credit would be 115 dollars)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    So you have to send your device in, wait for your check, then go buy the Bold? Does this require a re-up on a 2-year contract?

PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    you can do it either way send your phone in and wait or go get your new bold then send your phone in and get your money back. http://blackberrybold.tradeups.com/T...ndingpage.aspx thats the link to the terms and conditions and i didnt see anything about the 2year agreement but keep in mind if you dont do the 2 tyear you will pay 549 for the device

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    So you have to send your device in, wait for your check, then go buy the Bold? Does this require a re-up on a 2-year contract?
    AT&T pretty well requires a 2 year contract for any changes.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    its not completely necessary other than to get the maximum discount on the phone. you can do it without extending its just not very cost effective

chaotickinesis no está en línea Stack level 1
    I get $87 through them for my 8110. Selling on ebay should get me an extra $100 or so. I don't see the value in this program.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotickinesis View Post
    I get $87 through them for my 8110. Selling on ebay should get me an extra $100 or so. I don't see the value in this program.
    This is basically a recycle program... Not everyone wants to hassle with selling on ebay and take the chance of the buyer not coming thru and paying you. The trade in program is almost guaranteed money (unless you lie about the condition of the phone, lol) its just a way to get some cash back for people who would otherwise just shove it in a drawer and forget about it... Ebay is a great to make some cash, and so is this... THANKS RIM!!

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    Wow thats cool. Too bad T-Mobile doesn't have something like that.
    actually they do.

https://www.recyclerebates.com//tm-rim

*not sure if giving out the password would be ok, so i'm not gonna*

Point of the program, you can trade your old phone in for credit, but more importantly, after you get a Blackberry, you can send in ANY old phone, as long as it works and is not water damaged and you will get AT LEAST $50 for it from blackberry for switching.

Ask an associate about it, or call into customer care and they might know.

(also, it says it's "powered by the wireless source" but i don't work with or for them)