Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you have to have that 30 dollar package from ATT to use a blackberry ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stanseagraves no está en línea Stack level 1

Question blackberry package from att

Advertisement

Do you have to have that 30 dollar package from ATT to use a blackberry 9700 my wife has an older 8310 and she does not have to have the dreaded blackberry package she is not going to use the blackberry email program if i buy her one from ebay and move the sim card over will they still charge me the 30 dollar blackberry package
    thanks for your help
    Stan

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    No you don't have to have the package to use blackberry.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I read that they will detect that you are running a Blackberry and add the package on. I would call ATT to verify that.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I read that they will detect that you are running a Blackberry and add the package on. I would call ATT to verify that.
    I know this to be a fact. I gave my son my 9000 when I upgraded in Jan., he just had the $10 data on his MotoKarma. About 2-3 weeks later, he received a text from AT&T stating that his SIM had been detected using a Berry and he would now be charged the $30 data package. After Oct. 09, if you put your non-data SIM in a Berry, it registers not only with RIM, but also AT&T, so they will find you. My youngest daughter has an 8310 with no data, but its been in there for about a year, so we're good to go with hers.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yes they will! If you put in your sim into the BB, and log on to your account through ATT, you will see the picture of your BB next to your account number. They know.

iLord is DEAD!

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Is that legal? Can you cancel the data package that ATT added to you account and still use the berry?

PIN/ID
    nada
    Legal? probably. Ethical? absolutely not. AT&T at its finest. You cant cancel the data package and still use the berry. their argument is that youre still using data in some capacity, therefore they will/can charge you data. Its lame.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I do not think it is unfair. If you are using AT&T data you need to pay. If people would read the fine print they so eagerly sign they would see that legally AT&T can add a data package to your account.

Not lame, it is just how it works. Everyone trying to get something for nothing! LOL!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Pretty sure OP said eBay purchase and not using Data. The only one getting something for nothing in this scenerio is AT&T, can't wait to leave this shady/unethical business.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I know this to be a fact. I gave my son my 9000 when I upgraded in Jan., he just had the $10 data on his MotoKarma. About 2-3 weeks later, he received a text from AT&T stating that his SIM had been detected using a Berry and he would now be charged the $30 data package. After Oct. 09, if you put your non-data SIM in a Berry, it registers not only with RIM, but also AT&T, so they will find you. My youngest daughter has an 8310 with no data, but its been in there for about a year, so we're good to go with hers.
    I gave my mom my 9000 in November when I got my 9700, but she hadn't had a data plan at all, just a texting plan, and they haven't added a data package. Data is completely disabled on her phone, so there's no accidental internet access. But again, no added plan, so maybe I slipped under the radar or something.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I do not think it is unfair. If you are using AT&T data you need to pay. If people would read the fine print they so eagerly sign they would see that legally AT&T can add a data package to your account.

Not lame, it is just how it works. Everyone trying to get something for nothing! LOL!
    Please explain to me if you do not have a data plan, can only make calls and send texts, how you are using data? If youre SIM is not activated with BIS and ALL you want to do is use your Berry for texting and calling, how that differs from a "dumb phone"? Some people for whatever reason-financial, whatever, might want to use a Berry without a data plan. how is it fair that AT&T arbitrarily takes that choice away from them? That sounds pretty lame to me.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I wonder if this could be a free contract break for customers not satisfied with the tyrant that is AT&T, I'll have to find mine and reread.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Please explain to me if you do not have a data plan, can only make calls and send texts, how you are using data? If youre SIM is not activated with BIS and ALL you want to do is use your Berry for texting and calling, how that differs from a "dumb phone"? Some people for whatever reason-financial, whatever, might want to use a Berry without a data plan. how is it fair that AT&T arbitrarily takes that choice away from them? That sounds pretty lame to me.
    Yea I agree. I think I'd be pretty pissed if they did that to my plan... my mom is using the phone for exactly that, just calls and texting.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

stanseagraves no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks ladies and gentlemen i appreciate your answers we like i said already have an 8310 that she is using now and has for some time just wanted to upgrade her to one of the new ones she only uses it for voice and text thanks for your help
    Stan

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I know for a fact that TMO does not add the data plan on. I have two old Pearls on our plan for the kids that are not on a data plan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast