Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I got my 9700 yesterday and am lovin' it. But. Blackberry messenger keeps disappearing! I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Messenger keeps disappearing?

Advertisement

I got my 9700 yesterday and am lovin' it. But. Blackberry messenger keeps disappearing! I upgraded from the original version to the 5.0 version from App World because the original didn't have some of the cool features the App Version does. Initially it was fine, but I noticed later that when I tried to find it, it was nowhere to be found...not in the application list at all. Yet when I went to download it again, it said it was already present. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. The only time it has showed up has been when I went back to the original version. Anyone else had this problem?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    If you are using a precision theme, it will most likely be found in the "IM" folder

Right. I know all the places the icon can be found. I'm saying the application itself disappeared...didn't appear when I looked for it using Desktop Manager...wasn't listed as an option when I tried to set the convenience key to it. It is currently working, but it has appeared for a while and then was no longer there when I went back to it later.

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Quote Originally Posted by drjamie03 View Post
    Right. I know all the places the icon can be found. I'm saying the application itself disappeared...didn't appear when I looked for it using Desktop Manager...wasn't listed as an option when I tried to set the convenience key to it. It is currently working, but it has appeared for a while and then was no longer there when I went back to it later.
    Yes I had the exact same problem. What I did to solve it was go to the home page and download it from there. I also noticed that the download button in app world was missing too. After a battery pull and reinstalling app world it came back. I had the same problem with windows live messenger too but all is well now.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ that's what it is... the older version of app world isn't compatible and keeps deleting stuff you downloaded from it. thanks for the solution! I'm sure that is what's causing the issue.

That makes sense. I'm pretty sure, though, that I downloaded it from the NEW app world. It does seem to be working now, so I'll see if that sticks.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I think what might be happening is that you have both versions installed on your device. Go to options>advanced> applications. If you have both versions installed, delete both. Then go back to app world and download .33. I had this happen when I went to .348 on the 9k.

Even when I delete all versions, delete App World, and then reinstall BBM, this still happens on reboot. Very frustrating.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    That's weird. I'll have to think about that one.

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try deleting again. Then type this into your browser. www.blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger after download it, Try HRT and register or resend service books. Hope this helps.

I can try it again the next time it gets deleted. At this point, it's still there. I have tried going to the blackberry site using that URL to download it with the same result. What is HRT?

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    (HRT) is Host Routing Table. Goto options>Advanced Options click on HRT then hit your menu key and Register Now.
    Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

Okay. Got it. I"ve done that before though not for this problem. Just hadn't heard of it using the acronym! :-) thx

I thought this was fixed, but I just tried to use BBM and it was gone before. The only thing I had just done was install PocketDay. I'm deleting PocketDay and reinstalling BBM to see what happens.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the same problem happening on a Sprint Tour 9630. I've got 5.0.0.33 BBM installed running on 5.0.0.230 for a while now and the app still shows under the addons.... HRT, Reinstall, reboot, battery pull, sending service books, downgrading to 4.7, nothing is working... Anyone have any additional ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast