Hi There, I've installed BBM 5.0.0.33 on OS 5.0.0.314 on my Bold 9000, and selected ... BlackBerry Bold forum

calvados no está en línea Stack level 1

Arrow Blackberry Messenger 5.0.0.33 not saving message history on 5.0.0.314

Advertisement

Hi There,

I've installed BBM 5.0.0.33 on OS 5.0.0.314 on my Bold 9000, and selected the save message history option, and selected my device memory as the save location, but the history is not being saved. It did save 2 lines of one conversation, but hasn't saved anything since.

I've tried checking the options I thought might be applicable in my BES server (version 5.0.0.137) I've tried selecting my media card as the save destination, doing battery pulls, and resending both service books, and IT policy to my device, but it still won't save the message history.

Can anyone get this version of BBM to save chat history? What OS version are you running?
    Does anyone know of a policy I should enable in BES to allow this functionality?

Thanks,
    Cal.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    I'm not one who knows much about BES, but I do know that what I usually do, instead of just saving all my conversations, at the end of a conversation I want to save, I hit the funtion key and then click copy history. It will copy the full conversations to ur clipboard. Then I just save it either in my notes, or in an email, and send it to my PC. This is an alternative. I know not the exact answer ur looking for, but that might help in the meantime until someone can offer something better. good luck.

Roche no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by calvados View Post
    Hi There,

I've installed BBM 5.0.0.33 on OS 5.0.0.314 on my Bold 9000, and selected the save message history option, and selected my device memory as the save location, but the history is not being saved. It did save 2 lines of one conversation, but hasn't saved anything since.

I've tried checking the options I thought might be applicable in my BES server (version 5.0.0.137) I've tried selecting my media card as the save destination, doing battery pulls, and resending both service books, and IT policy to my device, but it still won't save the message history.

Can anyone get this version of BBM to save chat history? What OS version are you running?
    Does anyone know of a policy I should enable in BES to allow this functionality?

Thanks,
    Cal.
    I have exactly the same problem on my BB 8800 running OS 4.5.0 and BBM 5.0.0.33. With the older BBM I used to do exactly what kayhites717 said, however this does not work in 5.0.0.33 as longer conversations are only copied partially. I've also tried rolling back to the older BBM, but this is not possible. I like the looks of the new BBM, but much prefer the older version, I want to be able to save important conversations!

Any help will be much apprciated!

Thx

Rogier

Roche no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi again,

I've found that selecting a media card as destination for the message history, enables the function. This is kind of strange, I think it should also work on the device memory.

Cheers

Rogier