Hello, very new to BB device and I Hope I didn't a made a mistake ... BlackBerry Bold forum

i82be34u no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BlackBerry maps desactivated

Advertisement

Hello,

very new to BB device and I Hope I didn't a made a mistake choosing the BB Bold 9000 :

just install the BB maps but when trying to launch it got the messaqe:
    "BlackBerry maps desactivated"

Just upgrade my BB 9000 to V.4.6.0.162 but steel have orange logo at start and stop: is it ok?

Thanks for your help

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Likely the Orange Logo is just the theme. If you go into Options (settings) you'll see the Themes section. There you can change it to one of many other options.

Not sure about the BBMaps issue. That sounds odd, but since it's free and never "locked" by a carrier not sure why it would have an issue.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Isn't there an issue with AT&T? Didn't they lock the BBmaps? Or am I mistaken?

BTW do you have an BBDataoption on your plan?

HTH
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Fergiej no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes, AT&T locked out BBMaps on the curve as well. They want to drive you to ATT Navigator (Telenav) @ $10/month.

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    AT&T did remove the icon from their bolds. Somebody posted how to get it back... It is still on your phone unless you removed it. Go Options, Service Books. Then scroll down to Blackberry Maps and View it. From there do Show HRT.

i82be34u no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks guys

I am on orange in France and I do not have Blackberry Maps on the service books: I dowload it from the web and move to application folder...look like it's not the good way.

By the way i also made an upgrade(?) with the file 9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel292_PL4.0.0.155_A4.6.0.162_CSL.e xe but I am not sure it erease the orange limitations.

I am new blacberry user and I must say that after two days searching solutions, I am very disapointed and almost ready to lose some money to go back to my first choice Samsung Omnia under Windows mobile:

No problem to get unbranded firmware
    No problem to find solutions for GPS
    No problem to sync Outlook Business Contact Manager...with accounts
    16 gb o f internal memory + 16gb on SD

mmm...what I am waiting for?

I don't like to idea to have made the worst choice chosing the bold 9000 because I trusted marketing saying it was made for pro.

Give me some help to show me I am wrong.

Friendly