BlackBerry Javelin and BlackBerry Niagara explained! Posted in: Exclusives , Handsets , BlackBerry , BG's ... BlackBerry Bold forum

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

Blackberry Javelin and Niagra Specs

Advertisement

BlackBerry Javelin and BlackBerry Niagara explained!

Posted in: Exclusives, Handsets, BlackBerry, BG's Corner, EDGE, GPRS, 1xRTT, CDMA, GSM, EV-DO, Verizon
    There was a little bit of confusion with the 3G-less BlackBerry 9000 we posted. We heard two different codenames: Javelin and Niagara. Well, we were just told some more information on both devices. It seems the BlackBerry codenamed Niagara is actually an EV-DO device slated to hit Verizon in May of 2009. That seems a long way away but here are the specs on that model:
    • "Large screen family"
    • QWERTY keyboard
    • 480×360 LCD
    • EV-DO Rev. A
    • aGPS
    • 3.2 megapixel camera
    • 4.7 OS platform
    • BES 5.0 support (HTML email, etc)
    • Qualcomm MSM7600 processor
    That’s the Niagara. What about the BlackBerry Javelin? Well, here you go:
    • QWERTY keyboard
    • 480×360 LCD
    • Quad-band GSM/EDGE
    • GPS
    • Wi-Fi
    • 3.2 megapixel camera
    • 4.6 OS platform
    • BES 5.0 support as well
    • ArgonV processor
    Both devices look extremely similar in physical appearance, thus the confusion. So, look at that. You just got two devices for the price of one. Who’s out there in Verizon land and excited for this one? May of next year, though…doesn’t seem right does it? Then again, you never know with Big Red.

source: boygeniusreport.com

That looks exciting, just thought I would throw this on the forum.

I am excited about all the new models.

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    just curious, how is it possible that there are tentative dates of release for a blackberry 1 yr into the future yet no one has a hard date of the os 4.5 launch???

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats very true, I'm waiting on the 8330 for uscellular and I'm gonna stick with it for a long time.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadidas View Post
    just curious, how is it possible that there are tentative dates of release for a blackberry 1 yr into the future yet no one has a hard date of the os 4.5 launch???

4.5 isn't going to launch I dont think. They are already talking about 4.6 and 4.7 that will launch ON new devices....I think 4.5 was leaked because it will never really come out. Hype people up on what is going to be on 4.6 and then say that 4.6/7 will be better. Clever marketing!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i actually have to agree, what better way to get the kinks worked out of a system then to leak it to the ones who are going to be the most critical of it...us. if you leak the 4.5 os and subsequent updates rim checks the forums to find the issues that bug the hell out of everyone, while they are in turn working on what will be included in 4.6 that will be in addition to the 4.5 platform which will have all of its bugs worked out. genius
    "CENSORED"

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So do you think the 4.6 and higher OS updates will be released for the 83xx series as well?

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)
    i sure hope so, but i am not the one to ask