Looks like AT&T decided to release an update to the Bold OS... one major difference ... BlackBerry Bold forum

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.438

Advertisement

Looks like AT&T decided to release an update to the Bold OS... one major difference is the software platform which is now 4.0.0.217. Not sure of any other differences just yet... updating my Bold now.

NYCALI09 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM ME
    OK newbie question!!! Where do you go to get the update????
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    Looks like AT&T decided to release an update to the Bold OS... one major difference is the software platform which is now 4.0.0.217. Not sure of any other differences just yet... updating my Bold now.
    Impak, let us know of any noticable differences please.

PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCALI09 View Post
    OK newbie question!!! Where do you go to get the update????

http://www.att.com/bbdownloads

I haven't noticed anything different thus far... apps still working as normal... seems like my browser is moving a bit faster... not 100% on that just yet, just seems to load alot quicker. I'll keep this thread updated if I notice any considerable differences.

PIN/ID
    PM ME
    http://www.att.com/bbdownloads

I haven't noticed anything different thus far... apps still working as normal... seems like my browser is moving a bit faster... not 100% on that just yet, just seems to load alot quicker. I'll keep this thread updated if I notice any considerable differences.
    What does your Version/Platform number read on the about screen on your BB?

PIN/ID
    DROID
    The version is listed as v4.6.0.167 and the platform is listed as 4.0.0.217. I was on 4.6.0.167 before the update, but I'm 100% sure my platform version was waaay lower than what it is now.
    Last edited by impak875; 05-14-2009 at 03:08 AM.

PIN/ID
    PM ME
    The version is listed as v4.6.0.217 and the platform is listed as 4.0.0.157. I was on 4.6.0.167 before the update, but I'm 100% sure my platform version was waaay lower than what it is now.
    Man! how did you do it? I cannot figure this out to save my life. Then again i'm new at this could anyone help me out.

PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCALI09 View Post
    Man! how did you do it? I cannot figure this out to save my life. Then again i'm new at this could anyone help me out.
    Sorry but the v4.6.0.217 was a typo... my OS version is still v4.6.0.167, only my platform changed...

Download and install the updated software from http://www.att.com/bbdownloads/
    once downloaded & installed restart your pc and run the DM.
    Connect you BB and select application loader...
    Once the DM reads the device it should prompt for the update.
    (mine actually didn't prompt, but removed some languages...
    After completed I checked my "about" screen and my platform is 4.0.0.217.
    Last edited by impak875; 05-14-2009 at 03:41 AM.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    After downloading .247 from the Blackberry site, I updated and came up with v4.6.0.167 Platform 4.0.0.217

A waste of time?

No noticable differences that I can tell so far. Memory was 51mb free before update and 50 free after with battery pulls so it did nothing for memory.
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 05-14-2009 at 08:20 AM.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

martinwyatt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2054790A
    re software from http://www.att.com/bbdownloads/ My Pearl is on v4.2.0.51 . I am in UK with tmobile. But when I try the att link, it asks for my ten digit number - my phone number has 11 digits so didnt work. Any advice? ALl I really wnt to do is o seperate SMS and email messages! Thanks
    Martin

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm on .282 and it shows platform .235, and this one is .217. So what does this latest version from AT&T bring?
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    I'm on .282 and it shows platform .235, and this one is .217. So what does this latest version from AT&T bring?
    Nothing.

The original AT&T OS was not bad and I am still using it. I am thinking that AT&T has to pay RIM for these updates and with today's economy, I am betting that AT&T saves the money. Even the newest OS updates for other carriers offer little more.

5.0 is going to be the best update but I am not waiting on RIM/AT&T to offer it for the Bold, just waiting on the Onyx!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Nothing.

The original AT&T OS was not bad and I am still using it. I am thinking that AT&T has to pay RIM for these updates and with today's economy, I am betting that AT&T saves the money. Even the newest OS updates for other carriers offer little more.

5.0 is going to be the best update but I am not waiting on RIM/AT&T to offer it for the Bold, just waiting on the Onyx!
    Thanks, going back to .167, just started have "white screen" requiring battery pull which is impossible to do when driving. Any idea when Onyx might be coming out?

PIN/ID
    No Way
    All is rumor on the Onyx but most think later this year, likely late 3rd or early 4th qtr.

It is going to be the ONE!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL