It's Official... Yes it is. The Big Guy says "it's not our fault".... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

BlackBerry Gate... In Bold

Advertisement

It's Official... Yes it is. The Big Guy says "it's not our fault".

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I totally support everything you wrote archer and just hope that it won't ruin ATT and RIM's partnership as we can see that they are giving exclusivity to other carriers (8220 and storm) ...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I totally support everything you wrote archer and just hope that it won't ruin ATT and RIM's partnership as we can see that they are giving exclusivity to other carriers (8220 and storm)
    Precisely... that's my concern as well which I blogged about earlier. RIM's reputation has been stellar, and now is no time to stick their head in the sand and not get proactive in the area of damage control. As we know, people's perception is their reality, therefore right, wrong, or otherwise, this could hurt RIM badly. All one needs to do is to read some of the threads and posts here in this forum which is populated by the best supporters RIM has. If "we" are getting sick and tired of the delay, just think of the people that could really care less about RIM.

AT&T, now here is another story, inasmuch as upon "repurchasing" the business back from Cingular, they had a number of internal programs as well as a highly publicized push to change the public's perception of them from an "Old Telco" to the "New AT&T". This debacle is not doing them one bit of good. Especially after all the activation problems that were encountered with the first version of the Apple iPhone. Problems which were largely created by Apple as they monopolized the process by preventing AT&T from activating the phones using their existing activation system. Instead the relentlessly GREEDY APPLE, designed this convoluted activation system through iTunes which was a disaster. Then in a typical display of "Apple Arrogance" they blamed it all on AT&T ? ! So the last thing that AT&T needs at this point is another big company pointing the finger at them.

It's in the best interest of both RIM & AT&T to escalate this and get it done. Stop pointing fingers and just do it!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Precisely... that's my concern as well which I blogged about earlier. RIM's reputation has been stellar, and now is no time to stick their head in the sand and not get proactive in the area of damage control. As we know, people's perception is their reality, therefore right, wrong, or otherwise, this could hurt RIM badly. All one needs to do is to read some of the threads and posts here in this forum which is populated by the best supporters RIM has. If "we" are getting sick and tired of the delay, just think of the people that could really care less about RIM.

AT&T, now here is another story, inasmuch as upon "repurchasing" the business back from Cingular, they had a number of internal programs as well as a highly publicized push to change the public's perception of them from an "Old Telco" to the "New AT&T". This debacle is not doing them one bit of good. Especially after all the activation problems that were encountered with the first version of the Apple iPhone. Problems which were largely created by Apple as they monopolized the process by preventing AT&T from activating the phones using their existing activation system. Instead the relentlessly GREEDY APPLE, designed this convoluted activation system through iTunes which was a disaster. Then in a typical display of "Apple Arrogance" they blamed it all on AT&T ? ! So the last thing that AT&T needs at this point is another big company pointing the finger at them.

It's in the best interest of both RIM & AT&T to escalate this and get it done. Stop pointing fingers and just do it!
    Yeah youre totally right i couldnt have said it any better.
    i really like your arguments always really down to earth and precise

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    "We" the consumer suffer once again. Good Read