Hello, I am running the BB Desktop Manager version 4.7. When I go into the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

artjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31006C6F

Blackberry Desktop Manager Problem

Advertisement

Hello,
    I am running the BB Desktop Manager version 4.7. When I go into the Media section and select Blackberry Media Sync, Its telling me to "The Blackberry Media Sync installation failed to initalize. Please run the Blackberry Desktop Manager with administrative privileges and try again". Now everything else works great with Desktop Manager, only the Media Sync is giving me a problem. What must I do to run Media Sync so I can Sync my music? I am running Windows Vista Ultimate.

Thank You
    Art
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and Human stupidity; and I am not sure about the former.
    A. Einstein
    BlackBerry PIN# 24A12B7D

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Art,

Have you downloaded Media Sync? I believe that is a separate download and doesn't come with the Desktop Manager installation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I had already downloaded Media Sync awhile ago prior to downloading 4.7.

Roger

PIN/ID
    31006C6F
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Art,

Have you downloaded Media Sync? I believe that is a separate download and doesn't come with the Desktop Manager installation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I had already downloaded Media Sync awhile ago prior to downloading 4.7.

Roger
    Where can I download Media Sync?
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and Human stupidity; and I am not sure about the former.
    A. Einstein
    BlackBerry PIN# 24A12B7D

PIN/ID
    31006C6F
    Art,

Roger
    Hi again Roger,
    I just went to the Blackberry site and it seems I do need this Media Sync. I am downloading it now. Hope it works!

Thank You!!!

Art
    A. Einstein
    BlackBerry PIN# 24A12B7D

Hey Art! Glad you found it. It will work. I just launched it from DM 4.7 myself!

PIN/ID
    31006C6F
    Hey Art! Glad you found it. It will work. I just launched it from DM 4.7 myself!
    Yes it works fine! Thanks again!!
    A. Einstein
    BlackBerry PIN# 24A12B7D

monjucreil no está en línea Stack level 1

same issue

I have the same issue "setup detected that a windows system reboot is necessary before starting the Blackberry Media sync installation"

Im running Vista and DM4.7

tried:
    1) installation of media sync from DM4.6
    2) installation of media sync from DM4.7
    3) change UAC
    running out of idea.

Media Sync is a completely separate download from Desktop Manager. If you're trying to launch Media Sync from within Desktop Manager it won't work until you've downloaded and installed Media Sync from here.

Sorry,

I've downloaded and tried to installed:
    Name:BlackBerry Media SyncFile Name:BlackBerryMediaSync.exeDownload Size:31.363 MbLanguage:EnglishPublished Date:07/23/2008

Same issue "setup detected that a windows system reboot is necessary before starting the Blackberry Media sync installation"

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by monjucreil View Post
    Sorry,

I've downloaded and tried to installed:
    Name:BlackBerry Media SyncFile Name:BlackBerryMediaSync.exeDownload Size:31.363 MbLanguage:EnglishPublished Date:07/23/2008

Same issue "setup detected that a windows system reboot is necessary before starting the Blackberry Media sync installation"
    How many times have you rebooted your machine?

Nicholaus,

Rebooted 3 or 4 times already.
    Ive tried also to boot in Safe mode... same thing.

tx

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by monjucreil View Post
    Nicholaus,

Rebooted 3 or 4 times already.
    Ive tried also to boot in Safe mode... same thing.

tx
    Hmm, I don't know what the problem could be, but I would try reinstalling media sync.

Edit: I just saw that you've tried downloading different media syncs, has one ever worked for you?
    Last edited by Nicholaus; 11-20-2008 at 11:53 PM.

monjucreil,

You issue is beyond my expertise as it sounds like it has something to do with Windows registries. Someone more conversant in that environment will have to offer their services here.

Are you able to download and install any other type of software?

Roger

jdreif no está en línea Stack level 1

Solution can be found here

Hi,

I had the same problem, the solution can be found by following the instructions at blackberryforums DOT pinstack DOT com/f59/blackberry_media_sync-93880/

One slight variation that I found was you might have those keys directly under the Session Manager object as well, you would need to delete that key also.

John