Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You're going to love it! Going from the Pearl to the Bold will be a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Advertisement

You're going to love it! Going from the Pearl to the Bold will be a night and day difference.

ZH3NGER no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    You're going to love it! Going from the Pearl to the Bold will be a night and day difference.
    Yeah, i went from a 8700c to Pearl and then to an iPhone and now to a bold and I'm hoping to stick with this phone for a few years.

aahhh....the sweet smooth soft feel of the keypads, o how I've missed you. My fingers excitedly prance on your illuminated buttons with joy and glee.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Welcome to the Bold Family. You made a good choice If you have any questions, be sure to ask...there is always someone here to help Congratulations on ur Bold!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

well I was applying a screen protector on my bold when these water spots started to appear. Great, i haven't even had my phone for more then 2 days and now i got water spots. I hear they will usually go away in a week or 2....bah.

Okay well, i just used a blow dryer to try to get some of the water spots out of the phone but it doesn't seem like it's working. So i just drowned my BB in rice and hopefully it can clear up the spots. If not, i guess i can go back to att to see if they will be willing to do an exchange or something.

Bah, this sucks!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Why would applying a screen potector give u water spots? Confused...?

Quote Originally Posted by kayhites717 View Post
    Why would applying a screen potector give u water spots? Confused...?
    Because the correct way to put on a screen protector is with a lil bit of water so you get less bubbles when the screen protector is applied. I used a small drop of water and I guess it somehow got inside underneath the phone.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Oh no. Well, I hope it dries out. I dropped my phone in the kitchen sink this mornng-with the water running- and I don't know how, but I was able to fling all the water out of it, then I put my hair dryer on the cool setting and dried it out. And its fine...so, keep ur fingers crossed!

Oh no. Well, I hope it dries out. I dropped my phone in the kitchen sink this mornng-with the water running- and I don't know how, but I was able to fling all the water out of it, then I put my hair dryer on the cool setting and dried it out. And its fine...so, keep ur fingers crossed!
    You must have some crazy "flinging" skills.

I went in to att today and they did an exchange for me since I've only had my Bold for 2 days. It was quick and now my Bold is new again and I'm thinking twice about putting on a screen protector. It seems a lot of people have had some issues putting on the screen protector and water getting inside.

Ah well.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    When I apply my screen protectors, I always use a paper towel or the like and keep it at the edge I'm pushing towards when using the squeegie. Seems to help keep the excess water from getting through the crack. Or I've just been extremely lucky.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Amazingly enough,my phone is fine. It didn't even get n the battery cavity. All my stickers are still white. I'm glad u got ur phone exchanged. That's cool u were able to exchange. Good luck if u try to apply a protector again! :d

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701
    Rebates are abt 6-8 weeks, I have a like new unlocked bold for sale

Amazingly enough,my phone is fine. It didn't even get n the battery cavity. All my stickers are still white. I'm glad u got ur phone exchanged. That's cool u were able to exchange. Good luck if u try to apply a protector again! :d
    I don't know if i want to anymore. I just ordered like 10 protectors and I'll see how it works out. I am definitely not going to take the chance in applying any water anymore.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Yah, saty away from the water, maybe take a slighty damp paper towel and wipe over the screen before u put the protector on it...maybe?!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12