Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, i wanted to get a blackberry bold with at&t but I can't seem to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ZH3NGER no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Bold woes.

Advertisement

Well, i wanted to get a blackberry bold with at&t but I can't seem to find one anywhere. All the Frys Electronics near my location is sold out and the Best Buys doesn't even have the sale yet, they're still 299.99 even though their website states 199.99. 1 Frys had some but by the time I got there, some guy decided to clean out their whole inventory of Bolds (8).

The only options I have now is to get it through the At&t store but I don't want to go through that rebate BS or just wait till Frys or Best Buys gets some in. I've been running around the city for the past 2 weeks to get my hands on one but to no avail. I can always order it online at some website but they usuaully can't do an upgrade online.

How long does the rebate take for them to send it to you and is it like a credit card?

Thanks.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    It can take as little as 2-3 weeks and as long as 6 weeks depending on the volume of rebates. It comes in the form of a visa debit card, which I always use at Wal Mart. You can, if I'm not mistaken use it at an ATM machine and draw out the cash, just be sure to set up a PIN when you activate it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    If you REALLY want one then pay the price at AT&T and wait a few weeks for the rebate.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

millerhe1968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    It can take as little as 2-3 weeks and as long as 6 weeks depending on the volume of rebates. It comes in the form of a visa debit card, which I always use at Wal Mart. You can, if I'm not mistaken use it at an ATM machine and draw out the cash, just be sure to set up a PIN when you activate it.
    Actually the atm part you cannot do nor can you pay at the pump due to it being a limited balance card you need to go in to tell them the amount of gas you want.but it works like a visa except as noted above.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Ahh, I see. Never tried at the ATM, always just used it like I said at Wal.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    It is just like a debit/credit card except you can not get cash from it. It will spend anywhere you can use a visa card. Mine took 17 days from day of purchase to arrive
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Thanks for all the info.

I think i might just get it from at&t since frys has a different price for upgrades then new activations. It's 149.99 for new activations and 249.99 for upgrades but I won't have to deal with the rebates. I might just wait to see what the price is at Best Buy. If the pricing is the same as Fry's, i might get it from at&t and use the rebate card to pay bills or something with it.

Thanks again for all your info.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    lol buy chokems then you wont have a contract.... good luck with whatever you do....
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

PIN/ID
    nada
    My mans got my back!

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    You Might try Sams Club. I know in oklahoma and texas they have them at the Sam's Club Warehouses, and they sell them for the price outright for the upgrade price from att. EBAY, What about yours, Dad, aren't ya still sellin Urs?

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Oh, sorry, just saw bmay82's post. My bad.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

There is no Sam's clubs in San Francisco, or anywhere around here that I know of. The only places to really get phone right now are Best Buys, Radio Shack, Frys and of course at&t. We use to have good guys and circuit city but they went bankrupt and closed down so the places to get phones are limited now.

I will probably just end up getting it at the at&t store and just use the rebait card on gas and food, and bills and stuff.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Do you have a Car Toys where you are? Fathers Day special is $99.00 for Bold, G1 and Storm

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by kayhites717 View Post
    You Might try Sams Club. I know in oklahoma and texas they have them at the Sam's Club Warehouses, and they sell them for the price outright for the upgrade price from att. EBAY, What about yours, Dad, aren't ya still sellin Urs?
    Sold last night, thanks my eldest!

Well i just bought it from the at&t store.

299.99 plus tax with $100 rebate so whatever. Total was 340 or something like that, not bad since Frys and Best Buys had a different price for upgrade and new contract. Yeah, so I am finally a proud owner of a Blackberry Bold and loving it so far. I'm just trying to get used to all the new stuff on it since the last blackberry I've used was a Pearl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast