Bedside Clock Mode turns your BlackBerry Bold into a clock that won’t interrupt you with ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

BlackBerry Bold: Turn Off/On Bedside Clock Mode

Advertisement

Bedside Clock Mode turns your BlackBerry Bold into a clock that won’t interrupt you with calls or messages while you sleep.
    Enable this mode by selecting Menu > Enable Bedside Mode.
    To turn off bedside clock mode, press Escape.
    You can access the settings for Bedside mode by selecting Menu > Options and changing settings under the Bedside Mode section.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    thanks for the good post will for sure help the people that are still wondering what bedside mode does.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Wish my curve did that, I hate getting phonecalls from my drunk friends wanting a ride home at 2am. Another reason to get me a bold.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    Wish my curve did that, I hate getting phonecalls from my drunk friends wanting a ride home at 2am. Another reason to get me a bold.
    AMEN!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i hear you and i thank god for putting this feature on my bold ! since then NO MORE WAKING UP IN THE MIDDLE of the night !!
    drunken text messages make my day the morning after and dont annoy me at night anymore!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    i hear you and i thank god for putting this feature on my bold ! since then NO MORE WAKING UP IN THE MIDDLE of the night !!
    drunken text messages make my day the morning after and dont annoy me at night anymore!
    LMAO

scrybe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    How does Bedside mode work with the Auto Off function and the password function?

Won't they conflict?

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    I use bedside mode all the time. If the charger is plugged in, it leaves the clock on, dims the screen and turns off the indicator lights. It does NOT turn off the ringer. If you use auto off then it overrides the bedside mode. Password is bypassed for the clock, but if you hit escape, you need to enter your password to access anything.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Prune no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by walterwt View Post
    Password is bypassed for the clock, but if you hit escape, you need to enter your password to access anything.
    Hi walterwt,
    I'm having a strange interaction between the password and the bedside clock that really ruins it for me :cry:

I've posted this on the support forums at BB's site and no help from there...

After the security timeout when the password is engaged, the phone goes to the home screen (locked, ready to have password typed in) and the backlight at the same time comes on but very dim (if charger was plugged in, of course the light never goes out completely). It remains in this state _indefinitely_. If I click something, the backlight comes fully on, then I enter the password and it goes back to the clock but asking me if I want to exit bedside mode. If I click no, the above cycle repeats... How do I fix this? It makes no sense if the password timeout interrupts the bedside clock!

Moreover, I notice that the password also exits the browser every time, so that if I do something for two minutes (my timeout), then come back, I have to start the browser again and go back to the page I want >.<

runis no está en línea Stack level 1

Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Prune View Post
    Hi walterwt,
    I'm having a strange interaction between the password and the bedside clock that really ruins it for me :cry:

I've posted this on the support forums at BB's site and no help from there...

After the security timeout when the password is engaged, the phone goes to the home screen (locked, ready to have password typed in) and the backlight at the same time comes on but very dim (if charger was plugged in, of course the light never goes out completely). It remains in this state _indefinitely_. If I click something, the backlight comes fully on, then I enter the password and it goes back to the clock but asking me if I want to exit bedside mode. If I click no, the above cycle repeats... How do I fix this? It makes no sense if the password timeout interrupts the bedside clock!

Moreover, I notice that the password also exits the browser every time, so that if I do something for two minutes (my timeout), then come back, I have to start the browser again and go back to the page I want >.<

I have the EXACT same problem...I believe this is a bug...RIM please FIX...I love this feature but it is useless for me in the current state.

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    For those of you without Bolds, you can accomplish the same thing simply be adding a new profile (I call it 'goodnight'). You can set the ringers and notifications to off so it doesn't disturb you when you sleep and you can do so selectively (so you can make it so the phone will ring but you won't get notified of emails). Worked great for me.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3
    One question. In bedside mode, is it true that the ringer remains on, but email, sms, mms messages notifications get turned off? That's what I need at night, want to keep the phone on in case of an emergency, but shut off all other notifications as well as the LED light.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by dilipc View Post
    One question. In bedside mode, is it true that the ringer remains on, but email, sms, mms messages notifications get turned off? That's what I need at night, want to keep the phone on in case of an emergency, but shut off all other notifications as well as the LED light.
    It's an all or nothing thing. Your best bet would be to setup a profile for the phone only as the other poster mentioned.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Okie Dokie and thanks for your advice.