My trackball doesnt click so therefore I cannot click on download thru the mobile website! ... BlackBerry Bold forum

heredia21 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Blackberry Bold Trackball wont Click - Alternative?

Advertisement

My trackball doesnt click so therefore I cannot click on download thru the mobile website! Does anyone know the shortcut or if there is a shortcut to hit the download button using the keypad?

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Try removing it to see if something is causing it not to click. Here's a link for trackball removal:

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...ckball+removal
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Put the cursor over the download button and use the enter key, but also changing the trackball is a good option

heredia21 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yeah nothing happens when I hit enter.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Space bar does a "select" on most web sites.

juwatkinvt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20DF10AC
    Quote Originally Posted by heredia21 View Post

My trackball doesnt click so therefore I cannot click on download thru the mobile website! Does anyone know the shortcut or if there is a shortcut to hit the download button using the keypad?
    Hey, I have a dozen OEM trackball assemblys and will send you one for a very reasonable price. It may not be clicking due to the bottom of the "encasing" where the trackball is held by two platic pieces with 4 magnets and tiny clips which encompass the ball being broken or the lower end has a small gold looking connector that the ball itself sits on and many times if you have triend to take out the housing and assemply simply rotate the box that I have described and get it to sit in the right position. PM me with a pic of what the area looks like because it may be an easierr fix than you think. I am thinking it is either in need of replacement, is rotated the wrong way, or the ball is not clickling or moving down due to the assembly being put back together wrong.

Just pin me and ill take care of it for you. I have so many because I couldn't stand having a non-functional one!

pin:20DF10AC

Justin

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    If your a heavy user you may has unbent the metal depressor attached to the logic board. Does your phone randomly act like the trackball has been pressed?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    For links on a browser, move the curser over the link, hit the menu key, scroll down to get link and hit the return key. U can ordr a replacement trackball and the sensory for scrolling and clcking from rim. I think I have even seen it on crackberry.com. Good luck.

gr8belief no está en línea Stack level 1
    You responded to a question about a trackball, and asked the person if the phone randomly acts like it has been pressed. Mine is doing just that. When you want it to select something and click it, it won't work. But then you look at it later and its going crazy clicking on everything without it even being touched. It's a new rollerball assembly (2 months old), the phone hasn't been wet or damaged. Any ideas greatly appreciated. TMO not very helpful. Done a master reset and cleaned trackball carefully. Thanks

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Ok I made a diagram to help lol. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

Warning Do at own risk, There are no replacement parts for this solid online

Below is the bb8100 without the trackball. Circled in red is the brass button that is having issues.

1. Here is a basic run down on how the button works. The gold circles are what causes the button to send its signal the phone when they are connected together. The black half circle is the brass button that the trackball pushes down that give the click feel.

2. When you depress the trackball it pushes the brass button down and connects the two gold pieces together which inturn lets the singal through to the phone telling it that a button was pushed

So here is the problem

A. The brass button has lost its curve and is always touching the two gold circles

B. the brass button has slid over a little and is also connecting the toe gold circles

Like I said in the post before, this brass button is only held on by tape so you can pull it off and bend the button back to a normal curve or you can adjust the postion of it so its not touching both gold circles.

Thats really all there is about it.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Thumbs up

awesome explaination! i have been looking everywhere for a description of what could be going wrong here. thank you for taking the time to go thru it.

You won't believe this. I don't believe this. So the trackball was going crazy, then I figured out it wasn't the trackball afterall, it was the trackball sensor pad under it. (Lots of looking around, diagnosing, etc. It was shot.) To order a new one OEM was about $20 plus S&H, but they are tricky to install. So I put the Curve away for 2 months to figure out what to do. Stole my kid's Pearl and put his SIM card back in his old Nokia. (bad mom, I know...but he is charging me $5/week rent) Out of curiosity, I turned on the Curve one day last week, and guess what? It has (knowck on wood) been working perfectly fine. Not one problem. It was truly a mess when I gave up on it. And I didn't want to upgrade because of TMO's plan changes. Other than being out some rent $$ to a 12 yr old, I'm good. It's all good now. Go figure.

danfin no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks!

@jeffallen for the idea/fix and the original poster suffering the same fate as me (but hopefully resolving it as well)

My Bold 9000 has had a trackball issue since it got a bit compressed while in my pocket. Taking out the gold contact bubble and adding a bit of bend to it has fixed it!

Thanks for the explanation Jeff! (I signed up to Pinstack just to say that)