Hey everyone... I'd like to know how all of you lucky Bold owners, mostly Rogers ... BlackBerry Bold forum

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Bold owners...Screen question...

Advertisement

Hey everyone...

I'd like to know how all of you lucky Bold owners, mostly Rogers customers I suppose, like your device?

From all the pictures I've seen, it appears that the screen is a bit small, and the body where the keyboard is located seems big.

Are there any Bold owners who have a direct comparison between it and the Blackberry Curve??

Thanks all...
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Largest and most brilliant screen (colors and resolution) on any BB yet...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Awesome. How much did you have to pay for it?
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i had a red curve and got a bold. My girlfriend still has a pink curve so i can speak right now while holding both in my hands (makes it hard to type lol).
    Anyways, the screen on the bold is bigger than the one the curve and with the HIGHER MUCH HIGHER resolution it looks just AMAZING.
    I used to SWEAR by the curve's keyboard and always HATED the 88xx keyboards, buying my bold this was my biggest concern, little did i know that the bold's is the BEST keyboard RIM ever made, i can even say that i like it more than the curve's (yes i went there).
    size wise, it is bigger thtas for sure but it sits just as nicely in your hand and the leather back just gives it that luxurious look and feel.
    What else do you want to know ?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    oh my bad just realized u wanted a screen comparison and not a phones one lol :P oh well

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    i had a red curve and got a bold. My girlfriend still has a pink curve so i can speak right now while holding both in my hands (makes it hard to type lol).
    Anyways, the screen on the bold is bigger than the one the curve and with the HIGHER MUCH HIGHER resolution it looks just AMAZING.
    I used to SWEAR by the curve's keyboard and always HATED the 88xx keyboards, buying my bold this was my biggest concern, little did i know that the bold's is the BEST keyboard RIM ever made, i can even say that i like it more than the curve's (yes i went there).
    size wise, it is bigger thtas for sure but it sits just as nicely in your hand and the leather back just gives it that luxurious look and feel.
    What else do you want to know ?
    Woah...sweetttt!!! Yea, I know about the screen res. And I am a resolution whore.

So the screen is actually BIGGER? Wow...Nice! Doesn't bother me if it's a bit bigger in size overall. Man, you sure know how to get someone pumped up.

What else do I wanna know? That would be...when I can get my hands on this beauty!! I take it that reception is awesome, as is the case with pretty much any BB.

I guess the pics and videos are a bit deceiving in that, to me at least, the screen size appears a bit small in relationship to the entire body of the Bold. And a leather back? DREWL!!! You must be up in Canada, huh? I guess it's only fair that you guys get it before us in the U.S., being that RIM is a Canadian company!

Thanks for the detailed response. Anticipation is truly half the fun, and I'm doing some serious anticipating. hehe...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Is the screen size both wider & taller than a 8800?

(wap.pinstack.com)~

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    The resolution of the Bold is like watching movies in Hi Def. It is very sharp and the colours are truly amazing. From what I can gather, I think that the screen is a lil bit bigger than the Curve as well as the 8800. Just an amazing device. I have no bits of regret moving to the Bold from my Curve.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm in the US usint Bold on ATT... It working just fine in the states unlocked-

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah i am in Canada and i do some PR work for rogers so i know how to pump someone up for our devices lol haha.
    and yes the screen is HD (i tried to watch a movie on it and as much as its not the iPhone screen its still amazing) and is bigger than both 83xx and 88xx.
    like jscottbarnes mentionned, an unlocked rogers bold works just fine in the USA so if ever somebody wants a bold from rogers let me know
    ill buy it and ship it to you guys BUT I WILL NOT PAY ANYTHING youll have to pay the shipping there and the cost of the phone 649.99 + 13% tax -> 735 CAD.
    its a bit pricey but some people cant wait lol :P
    im just providing a service to my fellow stackers here.

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    My son just bought the new iPhone. When I brought home my Bold last week, he looked at the screen and all he said was: "WOW!!!!"

(Anyone who has never held a Bold in the flesh seems to be concerned about the screen size. Blame it on the "product photography" - because it always shows the "Home Page" icons in each shot. However, when you actually USE the Bold, they disappear and the screen size expands to full coverage. As my son grudgingly admitted: "You know, I think the screen on your Bold is much better than the one on my iPhone." That about says it all for me.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Your son is so right!