Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Movistar's Chilean outpost has now become -- somewhat surprisingly, may we add -- the very ... BlackBerry Bold forum

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up BlackBerry Bold now available -- in Chile

Advertisement

Movistar's Chilean outpost has now become -- somewhat surprisingly, may we add -- the very first carrier in the world to launch the BlackBerry Bold and put it into subscribers' hands. The carrier's making sure everyone knows what a coup they've managed to pull off, too, proudly proclaiming "FIRST ONES IN THE WORLD" with a red banner draped across the Bold's image on Movistar's site. Pricing seems a little high at 299,990 Chilean pesos (about $588) on a two-year contract, but hey, you've gotta pay to play; just how badly do you want to be one of the first people on the face of the planet to put this thing to use?

VIA. Engadget
    Last edited by inc188; 08-05-2008 at 12:37 AM.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Makes me wonder how much the bold on ebay sold for!
    phatman the phat stacker!

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    I know Movistar is big and all down there, but you'd think RIM would want to launch it in their own country before any other. Who knows. Atleast someone can finally get it now. LOL.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    i have to have it
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    Makes me wonder how much the bold on ebay sold for!
    Anybody check eBay yet?

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    This just goes to show, apple has a hold of some nuts~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I won't be blaming rim for this. I think the carriers are messing around. Rim has the devices made & ready to go. It wants it out the door as fast as we want them but at&t & rogers had to give freaking iphone a preference or some sh!t like that

My 2 cents

jonecat no está en línea Stack level 2
    I want this phone so bad, but I know it will be a long time before it is on VZW.

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yeah your right the stupid iphone delayed everything by far. They should of release the bold at the same time.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
    you'd think RIM would want to launch it in their own country before any other. Who knows. Atleast someone can finally get it now. LOL.
    RIM won't launch this in their home(Flagship) country until they get an updated OS posted that isn't as prone to bugs. I wish I could tell you guys the REAL launch date as they do know internally but like most things from me...The goodies are under NDA.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Anybody get one or plan on getting one?

~via 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987
    Quote Originally Posted by inc188 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I won't be blaming rim for this. I think the carriers are messing around. Rim has the devices made & ready to go. It wants it out the door as fast as we want them but at&t & rogers had to give freaking iphone a preference or some sh!t like that

My 2 cents
    Why wouldn't you blame RIM for this?? If AT&T & Rogers want to sell the iphone over the Bold after RIM has been with them for so long before the advent of the iPhone then that sends you a message. RIM should've used some sort of muscle(if they have any) to oppose this. Makes me even happier I switched to Apple, if RIM's flagship BB launch can be delayed by an upstart phone from Apple. As a canadian I'm disappointed

Gudmund no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ In answer to the question, who wants one, I do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amahk View Post
    Why wouldn't you blame RIM for this?? If AT&T & Rogers want to sell the iphone over the Bold after RIM has been with them for so long before the advent of the iPhone then that sends you a message. RIM should've used some sort of muscle(if they have any) to oppose this. Makes me even happier I switched to Apple, if RIM's flagship BB launch can be delayed by an upstart phone from Apple. As a canadian I'm disappointed
    i dont know man... there is probably some shady politics going on in the back that we are not aware off. None the less RIMs gotta look after his peeps first. After all we helped them get to this point...

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Guys how the hell is Apple to blame for RIM not having the phone ready in time...Gimme a break
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast