Hi guys, Wonder if anyone has any suggestions on this. A friend of mine at ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Jamilio no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry bold keypad unlock problem

Advertisement

Hi guys,

Wonder if anyone has any suggestions on this.

A friend of mine at work has a Bold (BIS, T-Mobile UK) which has a keypad lock / security problem. When he wishes to unlock it, he enters his preset code and it allows him access to the keypad as normal.

Today after entering the normal unlock code he has used fine for the past few months it didn't accept the code and prompted him to enter "BLACKBERRY" before warning about the wipe handheld process.

He tried this around 4 times and now it has warned him all data will be lost if he enters the keypad lock incorrectly again.

We have tried hard rebooting the device with / without the sim to no avail, as soon as it boots up the keypad lock is enabled and prompting for its unlock code. We also tried using desktop manager to run a back up before having to resort to wiping the device, but the desktop manager was also asking for the keypad unlock code.

Document KB10385 on the Blackberry site doesn't give much hope, saying if it doesn't accept the code you have to wipe the device.

My friend has unfortunately not backed up his data and wants to avoid wiping and losing his data if possible.

Is there any way past this? Are there any master / generic codes which could be used?

thanks

J

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    The short answer to your question is no. There is no bypass or work around for the security code. If the phone does not accept the code for whatever reason you are going to have to wipe the phone. Some tips I have are as follows.

1. Make sure he is typing the correct code.

2. Try it from the desktop manager. (remember if on the phone he does not hold the alt key for the numbers you need to enter the corresponding letters when entering the code from the PC)

3. If on BES consult your IT guy. (BES may have a way to remote unlock it, I'm not sure.)

Hope it helps.

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    Hopefully he is on BES if that is the case most info should be recovered once the device restarts. A BES tech should be able to let you know what will be carried forward once the authentication is completed. The later the version of BES the better.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Jamilio no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks guys, did try that but no joy. he's bis so he'll have to go with wiping it. cheers

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    He did something that "bricked" his Bold. A wipe and reload is his only hope. He could try having it connected to PC with DM running when he powers it up and might get lucky to backup some Info but it sounds like from how you describe he is already beyond that point. Sounds like he was doing an OS upgrade and it went bad.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

mcubed no está en línea Stack level 3
    What about JLcomander....... cant it be used to back up the device and then do the wipe ?