Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posted by Adam Turner May 25, 2008 6:00 AM BlackBerry users are set to gain ... BlackBerry Bold forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Arrow BlackBerry Bold gets into bed with Microsoft - who will get screwed?

Advertisement

Posted by Adam Turner
    May 25, 2008 6:00 AM

BlackBerry users are set to gain easy access to Windows Live Messenger and Hotmail, as Microsoft prepares to cut external Hotmail access for free accounts.

The enhanced integration, expected to be available "at the beginning of this [Northern] summer", will allow BlackBerry users to access Microsoft's free Hotmail and instant messaging services by simply entering their Windows Live email address and password once. BlackBerry's 7000 and 8000 models, as well as the newly announced BlackBerry Bold, will be the first to get the Windows Live services.

Blackberry is so entrenched in corporate culture it may think it's untouchable, but Microsoft always wants to be your best friend right before it stabs you in the back.

[Full Article]
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Don't hold back lucky tell us how you feel. Good to know though not that I will have a bold anytime soon anyway. Thanks for the info

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yeah, what he said; screw you microsoft hippies!

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I'm more of a Google type of guy myself...lol. Used to have a hotmail, never looked back once I got a Gmail account.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Here is a comment I found posted after the article, that I believes says it all. The OP refers to Ubuntu Linux at the end of the comment. Ironically, I could not agree more, as I have just begun to use it instead of win XP on my laptop, and find if far superior, easy to use, and the GUI is as nice looking as OS X, or even better. Furthermore Ubuntu just released a mobile version. Exciting times indeed.
    Here is the comment:

• Posted by: Mailer Daemon on May 25, 2008 8:27 PM Embrace, extend and extinguish! What a succinct statement, and yes beware any corporation or individual that gets into bed with the black widow, MS! I'm not even going to try to list the products that have fallen by the wayside to bolster and affirm MS's monopoly view of the world..The MPAA wants DRM pleads MS. Bollocks they want to control access to world content, now they have gone as far as possible with the OS and Office segments.Ubuntu is looking a real possibility,

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Thumbs up microsoft and google

ditto! noooooooooo more microsoft fer me @ all,,,,only google everything!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    I'm more of a Google type of guy myself...lol. Used to have a hotmail, never looked back once I got a Gmail account.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Maybe my @msn will get some good use instead of being a storage for my bb emails/text messages
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I still use my hotmail account just wish I had more accessibility to it than what I have with it now. I like it, but enough to pay the fees for it.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy View Post
    ditto! noooooooooo more microsoft fer me @ all,,,,only google everything!
    -------
    I agree, Gmail is the one.
    For those of you with windows PC's & Laptops here's a tip. Get a Ubuntu Linux Live CD. They are less than $5.00 you slip in in your cd/dvd drive & you can run linux from it without putting any files on your computer. A great (no risk) easy way to see if you like Ubuntu Linux. That's what I did, as I could not stand all the problems with Vista.

After I tried it I liked it so much that I installed it off the same disc. You can create a dual boot setup with windows, or you can choose to have it wipe the drive & you will have 100% linux. Want to know more? PM me.

Hello open source, good bye Microsoft.

Now all my apps are free! And the "look & feel" is as nice as OS X Leopard or better!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    WOW! You talk about it so much Archer, that I think I'm in!! I wannna try it out for myself and see how it goes.

Count me in

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Hah most people did have hotmail, but left to much better, I am personally not a fan of gmail, I use yahoo to be honest, bescdes my berry is no longer my side tool!!! It has became my primary message device, I barly use email on the desctop, unless I really need it!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I use my Hotmail account for junk mail I don't want but maybe I will have my PinStack notification emails forwarded to it when it's actually supported on BIS.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    well it will great for my customers. i have a few customers who cant access hotmail accounts currently and have switched devices because of that. it's a bummer, so i'm a little excited about it
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Yeah way too many customers I have are the same way, but I have opted to convinced them to receive their emails elsewhere in order to use BlackBerrys BIS. This will be a great WINBACK for ALL carriers when this is implemented.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I completely agree. Sometimes it can be a little tough to get someone who has all there mail going to a hotmail account because that's all they've ever used to switch to another email provider. So this is awesome. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast