Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that it has been shown on two ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Blackberry Bold due out October 27th???

Advertisement

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that it has been shown on two websites that the Bold is expected to be released on the 27th of October. It has been talked out on BGR and Crackberry. On BGR, they show a slide show that will be discussed in their training. I am hoping that this is true, cause we all have been waiting a very long time for this device. They showed a article that states why it was delayed so long. Here is what the article talks about.
    The issue is with the AT&T 3G Network. The Bold uses Multi PDP context in its data communications and the AT&T network is not optimized for it. It requires a 2-stage network software upgrade by its 3G vendor, Ericsson. Only 30% of the network is upgraded completely and the rest is still pending. If the device is launched without these upgrades the network will suffer bandwidth crunch and speeds would have to be capped at 128kbps! The Tri-State region is one of the market areas that is still in line for the upgrade which makes sense based on your experience with your Bold in NYC.
    This upgrade effort is high priority and slotted to complete by Oct 31st. Nov 1st week is the planned launch timeframe for the Bold and with the latest firmware the BlackBerry Bold is a rock solid device, despite what you may have heard elsewhere.

Here is the link for the training (found on BGR):

Presentation Material
    Last edited by stnkyq2; 10-18-2008 at 02:22 PM.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

flushbob no está en línea Stack level 2
    yup.....finally!! good things do come to ppl who wait after all. lol

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by flushbob View Post

I agree with you on that!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by flushbob View Post
    I 2nd this.

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2
    FWIW...my wife called ATT last night to find out when the Bold will be released. The operator put her on hold for a while and came back that it would be available on October 28. He didn't know a price though. I told her to ask about the Storm and he said that would be available through Verizon only.