Hi guys! so for my next video, I'v decided to see how my battery life ... BlackBerry Bold forum

emkwan no está en línea Stack level 2

blackberry bold battery under pressure, how will it perform?!

Hi guys!

so for my next video, I'v decided to see how my battery life performs under pressure...

i consider myself a hard power user, 100 or so emails daily, my main mp3 player, bluetooth connected, 20-50 sms daily and around 2-3 hours calls through out the day. Not to mention the tons of 3rd party applications.

my video is finally here, what you guys think?!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    just ask
    I'm very surprised how long its lasted. Myself, when I had a Bold I found myself charging it by 5 or 6pm with a full day of usage. I usually don't go to bed until around 12-1am and I charge it again during that time for usage again during the day. I noticed what kills me the most was the phone calls it drained quite a bit of power and being connected to the BES server and receiving quite a few emails on a daily basis. One thing that did make a difference for me was I stopped using the vibrate mode in profile settings and switched it to phone only.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Im on mine all day. It does drain rather quickly, so Ive taken a spare charger to work with me and let in charge 15-20 minutes twice a day and at the end of the day Im still at 80%. I guess I need to invest in an extended battery.

DunkHype no está en línea Stack level 3
    mine can last up to 2 days. im experiencing very good usage from it. I text all day, surf the web now and then and it lasts well for me. i use the case that came along with it and it does help rather lot because of the magnetic strip that helps save battery. But i also leave it out the carrying case too.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    My battery would go from 100% at 6am - 15% by 12pm. I also carry a spare charger to work to keep me running. I updated to .237 last night and so far battery life is way better from day one. It's my day off. I used my phone way more today than when I am at work. So from 830a - 400p I am currently at 70%. This OS seems to be a real keeper.
    ~via smartphone

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4

Ok I swear to beans... .237 is my last voluntary upgrade until the official OS is dropped by AT&T...

I think...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    i run mine at about 12 lbs of boost, and it lasts more than a day... pretty good imho

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I run mine all day, and while I'm not a heavy power user, I work in a very low reception area. I leave the phone turned on in standby mode all day and when I do use it I have the screen brightness maxed out (I know it kills the battery, but it just looks to damn sexy). Whether I'm at home or not I leave 3G and Wifi enabled and after charging overnight I find myself still with over a 50% charge left by about midnight.

I love this never leaves my side and (more importantly) has never let me down.

~via Blackberry Bold (
    ~via smartphone

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't have a Bold but I can vouch for the upgraded OS and extended battery combination.

I upgraded my 8120 to OS and reinserted my 1250mAh extended battery 2 days ago, and after 6 hours each day, only lose 20% power. I would normally be looking for a charger after 6 hours with previous OS versions and the 900mAh battery that came with the phone. This is with between 2-5 signal reception bars.

I use my phone for email, web, texting, chatting, games and a few calls. I also have WiFi and BlueTooth off, backlight at 10% and 10 seconds, Auto On/Off set to go off at 4 AM and on at 5 AM.
    This weekend I'm gonna go past the 6 hour usage mark and see what happens.
    ~via smartphone