Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i charge it every night while im sleeping but i dont think ive ever gone ... BlackBerry Bold forum

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

i charge it every night while im sleeping but i dont think ive ever gone below 20% remaining. actually, i did get to 0% once and that was after around 28 hours of continuous usage. that was an extreme case though since i was awake so i could go to the lakers victory parade and spent the night before out at a bar. i leave wifi on all day and i havent had any problems with BBMing, texting and using ubertwitter/tweet genius all day.

StacieAlane no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just purchased my first Bold last night and so far I love this phone. I have not upgraded the OS as of yet. I charged it off of my laptop through the night, was up by 8:30 am and I've been on the internet--connected to WiFi-- and texted most of the day away and still have over half of my battery left. I upgraded from the 8310 so for me it was like going from an old console TV to a new HD!!

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by StacieAlane View Post
    I just purchased my first Bold last night and so far I love this phone. I have not upgraded the OS as of yet. I charged it off of my laptop through the night, was up by 8:30 am and I've been on the internet--connected to WiFi-- and texted most of the day away and still have over half of my battery left. I upgraded from the 8310 so for me it was like going from an old console TV to a new HD!!

As you will read around here, updating the OS is probably a good thing. Going all the way with OS 5.0? That is entirely up to you, but I would at least update it with a released OS. Will probably experience a little better battery life (and overall performance) as well.

Just my two cents. Enjoy your Bold... I know I do!!

tinalv86 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Bold battery is adequate, but if you're on your device as much as I was on my Bold, I recommend the Seidio 3500 extended battery. After 16 hrs of mostly continual usage, I still had 50% of my battery left. Its a little pricey-like $50, but to me it was totally worth it. Bold is a fine device, I have an 8900 now and will soon purchase an extended battery for it also.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    wow that sounds great
    Boost mobile phones Mobile RAM Booster for BlackBerry

StacieAlane no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for input disolo. I prolly will update it this week. To be quite honest, the holiday weekend didn't leave me much time to even play with the phone.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by StacieAlane View Post
    Thanks for input disolo. I prolly will update it this week. To be quite honest, the holiday weekend didn't leave me much time to even play with the phone.
    Totally understand that! Travelling and holidays keep me from messing with my BOLD. Keep us posted if you need any help with updating the OS... or anything for that matter. cheers!
    Current OS: Mark Hayes 9550 v2.1 Hybrid
    Driphter.com - Help and Support Team
    Email: dlsolo@driphter.com
    Google Talk: dlsolo@gmail.com

bwag717 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A0A931
    I had issues a week ago. Switched back to my Curve and gave the Bold a rest. Now I'm back to normal and things are good. Getting about 4hrs talk, and about a day without chargeing. My one employee charges his iPhone twice a day, so I feel good about my Bold.

jeffery no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just envy the long usage. Got my Bold last week. The battery only last me 1 day with about an hour of phone usages and probably 1 hour of emails. I have even tried setting the brightness to only 50%. Also, I lug to the computer to chrge and it takes 6 hours to fully charge...not sure if the battery I have is faulty.

nivagenilrac091 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffery View Post
    I just envy the long usage. Got my Bold last week. The battery only last me 1 day with about an hour of phone usages and probably 1 hour of emails. I have even tried setting the brightness to only 50%. Also, I lug to the computer to chrge and it takes 6 hours to fully charge...not sure if the battery I have is faulty.
    u may or may not have a faulty battery.if ur a very very heavy user and are constantly using ur bold throughout the day then that may be why the battery only last a day but u should be gettin more than a day out of ur bold.are u with at&t?if so take ur bold to them and have them check it out.but i got my bold about 4 weeks ago,and my battery usually last me 2 days before it gets to 20% or below.i dont have 3G where i live,my screen brightness is 50%,led coverage indicater is off,and i only use bluetooth and wifi wen need it.i had OS .167/.217 wen i got my phone and now i switched to OS.266/.223 and i noticed the battery last even longer and it has more memory.

jeffery no está en línea Stack level 2
    I found out that when I switch off the 3G, the batter cna last for more than 2 days. I spoke to the BB technocian and was told the Bold has multiple transmitter, that's why when the 3G is on, it just sucks all the battery...not sure how true is that. However, occationnally, the battery just got drained...not sure if some applications i left on just drained the battery...I can feel heat on the battery when that happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12