Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hello everyone to start off im new to pinstack,so if this question has been answered ... BlackBerry Bold forum

nivagenilrac091 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Bold Battery Life

Advertisement

hello everyone

to start off im new to pinstack,so if this question has been answered already im sorry for postin this.but i am an at&t customer,i will be upgradin my bberry pearl to the bberry bold in the next day or 2.my main concern about the bold is how good is its battery life??if your a bold owner,how would u say your experience is with the battery life on the bold??

i've aslo looked around on the net,like readin/watchin video reviews.it seems some ppl have excellent battery life with their bold even tho its a 3G device.other reviews say the bold doesnt have good battery life at all.so this has me a little confused.
    the longest ive read that a bold has lasted is 2.5 - 3 days on a fully charged battery with moderate usage(cant prove thats true).and the shortest ive read that a bold lasted is 8 hours(which the battery was probably faulty).but im 85-95% sure i will get the bold,ive played around with it already,everything else about the phone seems to work pretty good,,just the battery life is my main concern.

also feel free to leave any tips on how to conserve battery life fo wen i do get this phone thx alot

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Bold battery is adequate, but if you're on your device as much as I was on my Bold, I recommend the Seidio 3500 extended battery. After 16 hrs of mostly continual usage, I still had 50% of my battery left. Its a little pricey-like $50, but to me it was totally worth it. Bold is a fine device, I have an 8900 now and will soon purchase an extended battery for it also.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have no aversion to charging my phone every day. My bold battery lasts me through the day. I can leave it overnight but it won't have sufficient battery to last me a 2nd whole day. I'm a heavy user of data centric applications such as BBM, email, and web with about an hour or two of phone calls. I don't feel a need to have a phone that I only want to charge every 2-3 days. I'm happy it lasts my daily usage of around 16hours. Be sure to update your os when you get it to .247 or higher when you get it

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Like chokem, I don't have a Bold. I have the 8120 and I can get between 12 to 18 hours from the extended battery I have (I'm using the OEM 1250mAh extended battery from Seidio). I would barely make it 12 hours with the 900mAh battery that came with the phone.

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Welcome to the stacks!!!
    My battery my life on my bold is good. Lasts me about 20 hours with heavy usage (BBM,email,txt,web) and some phone usage (about 1-2 hours) I charge it over night every night. And from the minute I take it off its lasts. No issues on battery drainage for me. I'm using .167 still. The phone does it all. You will love that phone was you have it in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by disturkis4u View Post
    I have no aversion to charging my phone every day. My bold battery lasts me through the day. I can leave it overnight but it won't have sufficient battery to last me a 2nd whole day. I'm a heavy user of data centric applications such as BBM, email, and web with about an hour or two of phone calls. I don't feel a need to have a phone that I only want to charge every 2-3 days. I'm happy it lasts my daily usage of around 16hours. Be sure to update your os when you get it to .247 or higher when you get it
    well thx for sharin that info.i will be happy as long as my bold gets me through the day.i also use the web alot wen im on the go or away from home,i text between 100-150 times a day or more sometimes,and i usually talk about an hour or a lil more of phone calls so it seems the battery will last.and yea i was thinkin about updating it .282 because it allows at&t customers to manually switch between 3G and 2G.but if i find everything works fine on my bold and no problems,i may not update it

Quote Originally Posted by dakid2k6 View Post
    Welcome to the stacks!!!
    My battery my life on my bold is good. Lasts me about 20 hours with heavy usage (BBM,email,txt,web) and some phone usage (about 1-2 hours) I charge it over night every night. And from the minute I take it off its lasts. No issues on battery drainage for me. I'm using .167 still. The phone does it all. You will love that phone was you have it in your hands.
    if you are getting about 20 hours out of your bold with heavy usage then thats pretty good to me.so hopefully everything works out fine whenever i get my bold.i've been waiting a long time to get it,my upgrade was supposed to be in march but it was somehow rescheduled to june,but i've played with it already and i downloaded the simulator to see how it was.and .167 is the OS that comes with the bold when you buy it right???

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by nivagenilrac091 View Post
    if you are getting about 20 hours out of your bold with heavy usage then thats pretty good to me.so hopefully everything works out fine whenever i get my bold.i've been waiting a long time to get it,my upgrade was supposed to be in march but it was somehow rescheduled to june,but i've played with it already and i downloaded the simulator to see how it was.and .167 is the OS that comes with the bold when you buy it right???
    Yes

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Trust us you wont be let down. It is a really great phone. I dont regret at all buying it.

well thx for the help everyone

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Actually, the last two Bold I have had have been runnin .217. So, hopefully u will have at least that. They will only come with an official os that is supported by att. But, u can find os upgrades elsewhere. Good luck! If u need anything let us know!

yea well i just got my bold yesterday and it came with .217.everything is workin fine,the battery life is better than i expected.even tho i have to use EDGE instead of 3G my bwoser is still fast enough and works good for me.so far i love my bold,everything is working fine and hopefully it stays that way.and also i told the worker in at&t i was there to upgrade my phone,and she asked me what phone did i want to get,i said the blackberry bold.she was like"whatt!!!,i cant believe you dont want the iphone 3G s"lol

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    Latest Bold OS (4.6.0.282) lets even AT&T users toggle 3G on and off. I have fairly good 3G coverage, but my battery life is about 200% better when I leave the phone in 2G and just turn on 3G or wi-fi when I actually need it. Since I have the Connection Options on the smaller convenience key, I can do so very quickly so I don't find it a pain. Honestly, EDGE is usually tolerable except when doing a first synch of Google Calendar or installing apps anyway.

CharlieV no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Instrumentality View Post
    Latest Bold OS (4.6.0.282) lets even AT&T users toggle 3G on and off. I have fairly good 3G coverage, but my battery life is about 200% better when I leave the phone in 2G and just turn on 3G or wi-fi when I actually need it. Since I have the Connection Options on the smaller convenience key, I can do so very quickly so I don't find it a pain. Honestly, EDGE is usually tolerable except when doing a first synch of Google Calendar or installing apps anyway.
    I am a VERY heavy user and have the Seido/.282 setup on AT&T and can report that the battery life with 3G disabled is 3 days of heavy voice/data use. I was not impressed with the OEM battery life for my use. The big battery made it better, but the option to eliminate 3G in .282 is what kept me with the Bold.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Well for me the battery is good. With activated WiFi and - hmmm, let me guess - four/five hours with BT the battery holds up to two/two and a half day. And that's very good.

HTH
    Peter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast