Hey all. I am wanting a blackberry bold cause I need to ditch this iPhone ... BlackBerry Bold forum

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Blackberry Bold Battery and HTML email

Advertisement

Hey all. I am wanting a blackberry bold cause I need to ditch this iPhone asap. This thing just bites. It does freeze quiet a bit and now it takes like 50 seconds to over a minute to send a darn text message. I just wanted it for the web browsing but after seeing the web browser on the bold I think that will do fine for me.

Anyways I am curious to know about the battery life and wanted to hear the opinions of you blackberry bold owners. I really am looking to hear from the AT&T users but the roger users I am curious what they have to say as well.

Also I would like to know about the html email. Does it display the email just like on th iPhone?

Thanks!

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have had the Bold for 2 weeks now and I consider myself a semi heavy email user....I get and send about 300 emails a day.....plus I text and BBM alot

so

My battery last me about 10-12 hours with the above usage....I have to charge it everynight....but I had to do that with my Curve 8310 as well

HTML emails....they are great...if someone takes a screenshot of something and paste in directly in the email I see it in the email and not as an attachment....

battery life can vary depending on usage....plus I foresee better batteries coming out soon for those who have concerns
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    are the html emails native or is it with Empower?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't have a bold yet BUT, the html viewer on the 4.5 os for the curve, is the same of that on the bold. I think that for the most part, the html viewer works well setting up the e-mail correctly. However, to view the images in the mail, you have to select the image, press menu, and click get images. For the images to not auto-load is annoying and a hassle.

I know that there is a thread on this site that discuses why the images don't auto-load. A quick search should find it. I do remember that the answer to this was something on the lines of not jamming the mobile network.

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ and the e-mail viewer is native to the os.

PIN/ID
    EH...so I'd still have to use Empower. The native email app is cool and all, but I prefer Empower.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

LosAngelesBold no está en línea Stack level 1
    Help! I installed the Empower Pro on my 9000 with AT&T. My emails now are a load of gibberish. Its like im looking at a Frontpage HTML screen. Ive gone back on email options and made sure that all the HTML and photo etc. download are set correctly. Anyone have any ideas? Its kill'n me!

PIN/ID
    Take it off and redownload

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    whats all this talk of empower? i am not sure wha it is or is used for.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    As to the original question, battery usage is excessive, and the browser in no way compares to Safari. As a matter of fact, the tiny font and left to right disapearing script caused me to sell the thing after one day.
    Empower & BBSmart email viewers enabled pre-4.5 os browsers html facilitation, and a much more pleasant and variable treatment of text in it's appearance. Neither program has been adapted for 4.6. They continue to function on non-embeded emails, though do not work on those with images or attachments. Neil at BBSmart indicated to me back in May that he was working on adaptation for 4.6, and it hasn't yet been made available.
    My recommendation is to wait for the Javelin. I'm perfectly happy with my 8310, Rogers 4.5.81, and a Seidio 2600 battery

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am sure with due time empower and bbsmart will b oth come out with os upgrades to there app. I agree with empower is so very much better than the native html viewer on os 4.5+

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Quote Originally Posted by qbangringo View Post
    whats all this talk of empower? i am not sure wha it is or is used for.

Empower and bbsmart are both applications that you can purchase for the bold. They allow your emails with heavy photo or layout content to be desiphered more clearly. I.e.images will show, less html jibberish text in emails, etc...