Hi all! i am in need of support, i have having problems backing up data ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ctu24 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question blackberry bold - backing up data (error message)

Advertisement

Hi all!

i am in need of support, i have having problems backing up data to my PC via my B/BOLD.
    i connect the Bold vis usb leads the pc has reconised a backup has been requested the process begins then mid way through the backing up process an ERROR message!! (backup data error?)can someone advise me? am i doing something wrong etc...

Thanks for reading.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try going into your browser, press the menu key for Options, then click Cache Operations.
    Once your there, clear all 3 or 4 cache buttons. Then once thats done exit the browser and try backing up again

Usually does the trick

ctu24 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile B/bold back up error???

Thank you!

I will try this later, I will also let you know how i got on.
    once again thanks you for the support!!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Mudlizard no está en línea Stack level 1

Just wanted to say I stumbled upon this thread via a search

I was getting an error message during attempted backups of my Bold...clearing the browser cache solved the issue for me! Nicely done and thanks!!

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've run into this a few times, and even clearing the browser cache didn't seem to help. I had to go into the "advanced" section and clear the browser cache from there. Apparently, there was something that clearing from the browser options didn't take care of. (I haven't seen it in a couple of weeks, but I went through a few backups where I had to do this before it would work. Seemed to start when I was on the .234 OS.)
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi - noticed an error message for the first time today when backing up and have tried this - so thanks also. One thing - I get prompted and asked "are you sure you want to clear your pushed contect?" - so I chickened out and didn't clear that one. Should I do so ?

TIA
    SM