My Bold went for a swim!! Washing dishes with your Bold sitting beside the sink ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Smile Blackberry Bold Aquatics or Bold Swimming

Advertisement

My Bold went for a swim!!

Washing dishes with your Bold sitting beside the sink is a dangerous and costly activity.

My Bold was so enthralled by the suds and the clanking of the silverware that it just jumped, of it's own volition, into the soapy water!! The shock to the Bold wasn't nearly as deadly as the shock to ME!

I pulled her out before she could completely submerge and drown. I stripped her down, removing her back plate and battery. I let her dry for 24 hours. During the whole time I paced back and forth by her resting place.

When I dressed her back up and turned her on she came to life. Everything worked. She seemed just fine. I treated her to a new operating system and added some fancy new apps to her repertoire.

I noticed in time that she had a cloudy look whenever the background on her face was a light colour. Most people might put up with this, but I am vain where my kids are concerned.

She has now been relegated to SPARE status and I have replaced her with a Brand new 9000. Her sister is now connected to my laptop and is getting a brand new 4.6.0.228 operating system and new apps.

My new pin is in my siggie. For those already on my list, you will be in my BBM when I complete a restore of my most recent backup!!
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-08-2009 at 09:18 PM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow, you BB people need therapy......................

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    LOL cute story. Are you gonna replace the housing on the Bold?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Sir-at least you gave her a bath before retiring her.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    LOL cute story. Are you gonna replace the housing on the Bold?
    The housing is fine. I think the LCD itself was waterlogged and when I turned it on it was probably a bit damp. The cloud is burned into the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Sir-at least you gave her a bath before retiring her.
    Even the dead are cleaned up before burial!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103 View Post
    Biting my tongue... I have been through therapy. Afterwards I sold my iPhone and bought more Blackberries.... Sorry... couldn't help it.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-08-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ouch! Good luck with the repair if you decide to do so.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    We may need it, but we don't want it

Well, I'm glad that you are happy Sir and have a nice new one, just no more bubble baths!!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Had an 8700 go for a swim in the pool. Rescued it off the bottom, took it all apart, let it sit for 10 days then put it back together and it worked just fine. Simply amazing, three years later its still going strong.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Had an 8700 go for a swim in the pool. Rescued it off the bottom, took it all apart, let it sit for 10 days then put it back together and it worked just fine. Simply amazing, three years later its still going strong.
    I think I should have stripped it down further, but once I start taking out screws I get nervous. Lesson learned.... LoL

At least I am left with a viable spare. My Curve experience wasn't quite as successful. There is no cure after you drive over it with a Freightliner.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Maybe let her sit submerged in a bowl of rice for awhile. I heard that helps..

joemecu no está en línea Stack level 2
    You're damn right we do. And we're proud of it, haha. I might not give a sex to my phone, but I can understand.