Blackberry Bold 9650 Threads, not so many. So does that mean it's a great phone ... BlackBerry Bold forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Blackberry Bold 9650 Threads, not so many?

Advertisement

Blackberry Bold 9650 Threads, not so many. So does that mean it's a great phone with little problems or is ownership down? Had BB's in the past and currently own the EVO. Getting a Bold because I need a phone that well is reliable and I don't have to be hooked up to a charger 24/7 either.

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Ohhh and I am keeping my EVO and putting that on my extra line, and extra phone to play with.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Good question. I know we have people on the 9650. Just haven't been around, I guess. Great device.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    My wife has the 9650 and it seems to be doing quite nicely. I have the 9700 and there isn't much difference between the two. Her only limits is that it is a work phone and for some reason they limit employees browsing capabilities.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

The 9650 Bold is a great device. I think the 9650 will never generate a busy forum because it was introduced into only one carrier, so its user numbers are smaller than others. It is basically the GSM 9700 re-worked into a CDMA smartphone, and I think the specs are identical. What I would suggest is lurking both the 9650 and 9700 forums for questions/answers. You will not be disappointed if you get the Bold

wesware no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just ordered my Bold 9650 today. Coming from a Storm 9550 so it will definitely be a change of pace. May be spending a lot of time here till I get "adjusted".
    WesWare Online.com - Dedicated to BlackBerry Protection & Style

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It's a great device, but you're right, it's a far cry from the touch screen 9550, so will take some getting used to. Great, solid device, though.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think Roger and CMag are right. I have its GSM cousin, the 9780, and if I can't put MY Bold down, I can just imagine the addiction you're about to encounter LOL

wesware no está en línea Stack level 1
    Already an addict. Had to go two whole days without my BlackBerry waiting on my 9650 (my 9550 was damaged so I upgraded). Touch screen is okay but I was definitely ready for a change.
    WesWare Online.com - Dedicated to BlackBerry Protection & Style

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Ok so I got my Bold 9650. Miss some things and loathe others. Miss the keyboard coming from HTC EVO. I have had full qwerty keyboards on too many devices to list. BBM is nice for friends that have it and groups. Phone calls are easier for some reason not sure but seem to be. Man I really think RIM needs to get those devices out ASAP. Those upgrades to processors, memory and such will improve the performance in so many ways. Internet Blows coming from an EVO, yes I know the differences. Overall speed of loading apps and such blows. I think they wasted way too many resources on that playbook and should have maintained focus on devices, hello! I really don't know how they are gonna compete but time will tell. I will hand on to my Bold for a few more months to see how things go. I still have my EVO in case I change my mind. Im not a huge fan of Android.

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Kinda disappointed they haven't created some kind of calendar/contacts app for the desk top manager. Never really understood why they didn't do this. They always say use outlook, well I don't have it and don't want to pay for it. Maybe they should have offered a basic version of outlook on the software the phone comes with.