I am going to buy the 9700 today and am wondering if anyone has started ... BlackBerry Bold forum

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4

Blackberry 9700 themes

Advertisement

I am going to buy the 9700 today and am wondering if anyone has started designing themes for it yet or starting to take requests for themes.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You can run 8900 themes on your 9700
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/1006; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

Oh really!! That's sweet!!! Ill have to check out the themes then....I talked to Riffman last night but I think he has retired from making themes :.(

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yeah, I think he's an autobotphone user (droid) lol.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Yeah he is....he said that he had to delete all hus theme making programs to make room for the droid programs on his PC....lol....kinda stinks he made great themes

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Yeah...I'm gonna retire pretty soon too. I'll release a theme here and there won't be taking any more requests. What I want to do is teach or coach people into making their own themes.

gar_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F733A
    raton, I might be interested in some of your theme education, although I've never even tried to make a theme.......I do have plenty of time, and will be getting a bold 2 next week.....I have noticed in cherri's tweets that the new theme studio is somewhat buggy??

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Not quite gar. I've played with the new theme studio 5.0 and it's not buggy for me at least. It doesn't crash and hasn't crashed on me as of yet like the previous 4.7 used to do almost half way through your work and I would get horribly mad because I would have to start everything from scratch.

Nevertheless, it's always good to save as you go along during your work. I hope to coach many people like you who are eager to learn something new. It doesn't require a Phd in graphic designs or anything like that. Anyone can make their own themes nowadays.

The problem is that not many people are willing to learn and rather sit on the sidelines waiting for someone to make their themes that's why I'd rather teach people to make their own themes with the images they desire rather than getting something someone else might like on their themes and settle for it.

That is if not the very first reason why I began making my own themes; people were releasing themes I liked but had flaws here and there, so i decided to make my own and look at me now. It's easy to sit back and judge a work someone else has done but people don't understand how much work it requires that's why I'd rather teach than spoil them with their requests.

People sometimes tend to be ungreatful and bitter when not getting what they want. But learning about it, that'll keep you one step ahead of everyone else who are still dependant on others to get the means.

I would love to learn!!! Don't have much time right now to mass produce...lol, but would love to take it up....can you do one more request? Maybe a Red Sox theme to get me by a bit?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'll try dude

nuangel1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    so it is true then you can use 8900 themes on the 9700 .mine should be coming mon.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I use to do themes but I been bz n stopped. Idk which programs to use but I would like to design my own themes again to personalize them to my licking. Raton, if you can point me in the rite direction to download the software needed...I would appreciate it.

*this does not mean I'll be taking in request. If I make a theme that I believe would please the masses, then I'll post it. But I'm not gonna make any for the same reasons Raton mentioned. Plus request's are time consuming.

I got my 9700 today....its a great phone so far....coming from the 9000 it is a bit smaller but it has twice the ram and internal memory....ill have to get used to the smaller keyboard but no complaints here. When using the touch pad just imagine that it is a trackball and you'll be fine

hitesh83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I made a theme for my 9700, how do I share it????