I don't know how wide-spread this is but I figured I would add my info ... BlackBerry Bold forum

phutro no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 9700 Popping Issue...

Advertisement

I don't know how wide-spread this is but I figured I would add my info / start something where we can all post...

Issue:
    Sometimes during a call or an incoming email / sms / mms instead of audio, the headset will start emitting loud pops that eventually leads to the phone freezing and then restarting. Hard resets don't seem to help. The only thing I've pinpointed is that the software bigtincan buzzme makes (when installed and configured so that there's a vibration and ring at the same time) the situation worse by popping and then restarting whenever anything comes in.

Current BB configuration:
    Software Installed:
    Opera Mini
    Facebook
    GMail
    OpenBeak
    Kayak
    OpenTable
    AP
    Thomson Reuters
    Accuweather
    Weathereye
    Poynt
    Urbanspoon
    Trapster
    Google Maps
    Dictionary.com
    One Touch Flashlight
    Google Voice
    BeeJive
    MemoryBooster
    QuickLaunch
    SmartWIFI
    Tether
    BerryWeather

Please respond with ideas / your issues as well, perhaps we can get to the bottom this...

aznarc no está en línea Stack level 1
    i think you have alot of stuff you really don't need and this is causing a crash or issue. if i were you i'd delete everything and start from scratch (manufacture's setup) and go from there. eliminate the ones you dont really need. seriously gluck!

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    that is a big list of 3rd party apps-- you mentioned bigtincan buzzme- have you tried deleting that app?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    As these guys said, you need to either delete all 3rd party apps and test to see if it is hardware or software related. Or start eliminating apps one by one and see if the issues resolve. I would definitely start with buzz me and if you are able to nail it to a specific app you should contact the developer with your findings so they can fix it.

Also check your event log frequently (Alt LGLG) and look for severe errors, if you see any, click on them and read through the details. Most of it won't make much sense unless you are a programmer, but you can usually see the name of the app causing the error listed somewhere in the error message.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

phutro no está en línea Stack level 1
    I streamlined the list and deleted bigtincan buzzme. There are no longer any background (3rd party) apps running. The popping still continues, going to visit my T-Mobile store and get a new handset.