Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ How about a two sided reason for the Thunder not going to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ How about a two sided reason for the Thunder not going to the GSM carriers? Like, Verizon vs AT&T and Apple vs RIM. Double sided competion here boys and girls. Draw the lines in the sand.

So, that said, I would assume this is not only a device competition, but a service contract competition.

bbua88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    what is up with At&t getting phones exclusively? I just keep on hearing bad news all day today. Stupid At&t...

quassi61 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21933bd3
    I look at it this way. How many BB's do you see that are exclusive to the CDMA compaines. Not many not many at all. RIM knows the world market is GSM and they will continue to keep GSM phones being released first because 86% of the world MOBILE population is GSM. "man this is my sales pitch at work as there is no other GSM carrier in Canada besides Rogers and Fido (rogers owns fido)"

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    so i have been looking at verizons plans, planning to switch just for the phone ... and maybe the service coverage lol, and HOLY CRAP man, they are expensive ...

i have tmo and all i pay monthly is like $50 monthly and i have everything i need ... with verizon, plans start at $40 ... and that just for BASIC

(for verizon customers) i was wondering what is the cheapest verizon plan for blackberries ??? cause if its over 70 then i cant afford it. mainly what i want/need is unlimited web access and emails, atleast 400 txt and 400 min if less, then its fine.

question before i proceed. i understand that the Thunder is exclusive for verizon in the US and is able to connect to international as it is exclusive for vodafone in the UK i believe it is. because i am all about getting around the system, do any of you believe that the vodafone would consider us carriers "international" and thus would work with US carriers? also, does anyone believe that there would be an unlocked version of the thunder for sale on the net? and would any of you buy it?
    lol i probably would ... to be honest ....

i would like to share with you guys some cool info (if you guys havent already seen it) the first is actually posted on Crackberry. it is a post with LIVE pictures of the Thunder while emailing. it is very similar to the iPhone with the keyboard and the landscape and the (whatever the other is called lol) views. the coolest difference i see is when the thunder is set straight when typing, the keyboard is similar to the Pearl and then laid horizontal, it is a FULL keyboard. pretty awesome

This just in, you are now looking at the first live images of the BlackBerry Thunder and its touchscreen keyboard!!
    The first pics and screenshots we have seen of the BlackBerry Thunder have been awesome, but it's nice to finally have live hands-on photo evidence that the BlackBerry Thunder is REAL and it's working (of course, only time will tell for sure just how well!). More details and another photo of the BlackBerry Thunder's touchscreen after the jump!
    Here's a quick recap of the details we brought you last week on the Thunder's touchscreen display:
    • Tactile Response - when you press on the Thunder's screen, it pushes in "just" a little bit (the whole screen is sort of like a big button) and you get immediate "real" feedback - you hear an audible clickety sound, and can feel a buzz in your finger where you actually pressed on the display.
    • Full QWERTY and SureType entry - hold the phone in landscape mode and you can take advantage of a full-qwerty keypad. Use the phone in portrait mode and you can enter data on a SureType keyboard. You will be able to choose/change your screen/keyboard orientation at anytime.
    • Screen is made of glass and will feature multi-touch - the Thunder is said to be utilizing WebKit for it's browser engine (same as the iPhone), so hopefully that means a solid web browsing experience for the Thunder.
    These keyboard skins are from a fairly early build of the Thunder's 4.7 OS (the final release keyboard skins are sure to be sexier), but you can easily tell from the images the user-experience RIM is going after here... they want typing on the Thunder to be EASY. That means a lot of screen real estate dedicated to the keyboard, which makes room for big keys that are easy to locate and tap. RIM is famous for the 'BlackBerry Prayer' position users assume when typing messages on their devices and it looks like that won't change with the introduction of the touchscreen Thunder... you should be able to grip the device with both hands and pound out emails with both thumbs blazing.
    The images also provide further confirmation that the Thunder's operating system will still rely heavily on the BlackBerry menu button for key functions and advanced options vs putting all options on the main screen as the iPhone does. I'd assume hitting the menu key while on the Compose Message screens shown in these images should provide the standard BlackBerry menu options such as Send, Copy/Paste, Save Draft, Check Spelling, Attach file, etc.
    After using an iPhone 3G for a couple of days, I'll say this: while it's pretty, it's not very efficient at getting stuff done (ahem) lighting-quick. A touchscreen BlackBerry like this may just one-up the iPhone in that department because it's based on the speedy and efficient BlackBerry OS while also getting the benefits of a gigantic touchscreen for web browsing, reading and viewing media.

ALSO there are the stupid posts

http://blogs.computerworld.com/why_t...nder_will_fail

apparently this man does not have a blackberry. i just wonder, if the 3G iPhone caused a commotion for At&t bacuase EVERYONE was trying to activate their new "in" phones at once, will it be the same for verizon ... lol i can see it now, people in business suits lined up just for the new thunder. ^_^

the witter of this article was complaining that the blackberry Thunder could not connect with itunes ... wth ... two different companies ... WOW right? i have the solution. it is called Songbird. it is still in its beta version, but pretty much stable. it is the upgraded version of itunes (alot better). with the addons, Songbird can connect to iPhones, iPods, even Zunes, and omg it recognizes removable drives such as the Micro SDs used in blackberries. it also includes features of downloading (p2p but shhh!) and internet that is based off of the mozillas platform (so everysite that works with mozilla will work with songbird). so basically, its mozilla, limewire, and itunes ALL IN 1 ... how nifty right? i recommend this for all blackberries with micro SD cards ... its really cool.

one thing i am very uncertain of is the price ... although the new iCrap i mean iPhone has come out, the price should be around the same for the Thunder right??? maybe more considering that its RIM ... but possibly 100 more ... thats it

but it is confirmed that the EXPECTED release date will be October 8 of this year ... i am uncertain of that also ... i am saying that it will be a great christmas gift if anyone catches ma flo lol

so give me a shout out, how many people would love a touchscreen blackberry . what else have we been waiting for?... omg i would pretty much stick up a wal mart and dont let anyone go till i get my hands on one ...

lastly i will give a couple of screen shots

^^^HAHAH i just saw the Sprint logo on these two ^^^ o guess just ignor it??? lol unlocked Thunder??? hahah

ut looks soo sexy lol it really does lol
    Last edited by ashain_boy; 08-07-2008 at 06:09 AM. Reason: many lol

rathompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249FD6FD
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Um, look at kieranwest's profile, then look at his post. Might be a few clues in there somewhere!

As RoGro stated in his post (quoted above), look at Kieranwest's profile and read between the lines.

I wouldn't start planning to switch carriers.

bbua88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ashain_boy View Post
    so i have been looking at verizons plans, planning to switch just for the phone ... and maybe the service coverage lol, and HOLY CRAP man, they are expensive ...

i have tmo and all i pay monthly is like $50 monthly and i have everything i need ... with verizon, plans start at $40 ... and that just for BASIC

(for verizon customers) i was wondering what is the cheapest verizon plan for blackberries ??? cause if its over 70 then i cant afford it. mainly what i want/need is unlimited web access and emails, atleast 400 txt and 400 min if less, then its fine.

question before i proceed. i understand that the Thunder is exclusive for verizon in the US and is able to connect to international as it is exclusive for vodafone in the UK i believe it is. because i am all about getting around the system, do any of you believe that the vodafone would consider us carriers "international" and thus would work with US carriers? also, does anyone believe that there would be an unlocked version of the thunder for sale on the net? and would any of you buy it?
    lol i probably would ... to be honest ....

i would like to share with you guys some cool info (if you guys havent already seen it) the first is actually posted on Crackberry. it is a post with LIVE pictures of the Thunder while emailing. it is very similar to the iPhone with the keyboard and the landscape and the (whatever the other is called lol) views. the coolest difference i see is when the thunder is set straight when typing, the keyboard is similar to the Pearl and then laid horizontal, it is a FULL keyboard. pretty awesome

This just in, you are now looking at the first live images of the BlackBerry Thunder and its touchscreen keyboard!!
    The first pics and screenshots we have seen of the BlackBerry Thunder have been awesome, but it's nice to finally have live hands-on photo evidence that the BlackBerry Thunder is REAL and it's working (of course, only time will tell for sure just how well!). More details and another photo of the BlackBerry Thunder's touchscreen after the jump!
    Here's a quick recap of the details we brought you last week on the Thunder's touchscreen display:
    • Tactile Response - when you press on the Thunder's screen, it pushes in "just" a little bit (the whole screen is sort of like a big button) and you get immediate "real" feedback - you hear an audible clickety sound, and can feel a buzz in your finger where you actually pressed on the display.
    • Full QWERTY and SureType entry - hold the phone in landscape mode and you can take advantage of a full-qwerty keypad. Use the phone in portrait mode and you can enter data on a SureType keyboard. You will be able to choose/change your screen/keyboard orientation at anytime.
    • Screen is made of glass and will feature multi-touch - the Thunder is said to be utilizing WebKit for it's browser engine (same as the iPhone), so hopefully that means a solid web browsing experience for the Thunder.
    These keyboard skins are from a fairly early build of the Thunder's 4.7 OS (the final release keyboard skins are sure to be sexier), but you can easily tell from the images the user-experience RIM is going after here... they want typing on the Thunder to be EASY. That means a lot of screen real estate dedicated to the keyboard, which makes room for big keys that are easy to locate and tap. RIM is famous for the 'BlackBerry Prayer' position users assume when typing messages on their devices and it looks like that won't change with the introduction of the touchscreen Thunder... you should be able to grip the device with both hands and pound out emails with both thumbs blazing.
    The images also provide further confirmation that the Thunder's operating system will still rely heavily on the BlackBerry menu button for key functions and advanced options vs putting all options on the main screen as the iPhone does. I'd assume hitting the menu key while on the Compose Message screens shown in these images should provide the standard BlackBerry menu options such as Send, Copy/Paste, Save Draft, Check Spelling, Attach file, etc.
    After using an iPhone 3G for a couple of days, I'll say this: while it's pretty, it's not very efficient at getting stuff done (ahem) lighting-quick. A touchscreen BlackBerry like this may just one-up the iPhone in that department because it's based on the speedy and efficient BlackBerry OS while also getting the benefits of a gigantic touchscreen for web browsing, reading and viewing media.

ALSO there are the stupid posts

http://blogs.computerworld.com/why_t...nder_will_fail

apparently this man does not have a blackberry. i just wonder, if the 3G iPhone caused a commotion for At&t bacuase EVERYONE was trying to activate their new "in" phones at once, will it be the same for verizon ... lol i can see it now, people in business suits lined up just for the new thunder. ^_^

the witter of this article was complaining that the blackberry Thunder could not connect with itunes ... wth ... two different companies ... WOW right? i have the solution. it is called Songbird. it is still in its beta version, but pretty much stable. it is the upgraded version of itunes (alot better). with the addons, Songbird can connect to iPhones, iPods, even Zunes, and omg it recognizes removable drives such as the Micro SDs used in blackberries. it also includes features of downloading (p2p but shhh!) and internet that is based off of the mozillas platform (so everysite that works with mozilla will work with songbird). so basically, its mozilla, limewire, and itunes ALL IN 1 ... how nifty right? i recommend this for all blackberries with micro SD cards ... its really cool.

one thing i am very uncertain of is the price ... although the new iCrap i mean iPhone has come out, the price should be around the same for the Thunder right??? maybe more considering that its RIM ... but possibly 100 more ... thats it

but it is confirmed that the EXPECTED release date will be October 8 of this year ... i am uncertain of that also ... i am saying that it will be a great christmas gift if anyone catches ma flo lol

so give me a shout out, how many people would love a touchscreen blackberry . what else have we been waiting for?... omg i would pretty much stick up a wal mart and dont let anyone go till i get my hands on one ...

lastly i will give a couple of screen shots

^^^HAHAH i just saw the Sprint logo on these two ^^^ o guess just ignor it??? lol unlocked Thunder??? hahah

ut looks soo sexy lol it really does lol

good bye iphone

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    I wish RIM would give us some release dates would could some what depend on.....

fuentes01a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3188C681
    Damn the icrap! Here comes RIM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    anyone know the dimensions?

almost Pearl size???

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Well, just looking at the screen size there's no way it's Pearl size. It's likely at LEAST 8800 size/shape.

On a side note, have we seen stats on this puppy yet? For processor, memory, screen res? WiFi? GPS? (both COMPLETE dreams since it's Verizon, I know)

Maybe Verizon will also lock out camera use too? Or perhaps just the ability to email photos from the camera! LOL
    Last edited by woodi68; 08-07-2008 at 07:41 PM.

MonkeyBizIU no está en línea Themes Pro
    Screen res will be better than the iPhone. The device size has been approximated to be slimmer than the Curve but taller than the Pearl. Device thickness should be somewhere inbetween. It's rumored to have 1GB of internal memory with a MicroSD port which would allow for 8-16GB more space. No WiFi, probably GPS (although who knows if it's locked or not.). It'll be CDMA in the US and GSM internationally.

My personal thought is that Verizon is going to have a full scale riot on their hands if they lock out features on the only touchscreen BlackBerry. This device has real, honest potential to be the iPhone killer. And not in the way that the Dare or Instinct or the Voyager are (pale imitations). As in a device that is as sexy as the iPhone without being nearly as problematic. Remember that the iPhone is in it's 2nd generation. This device is the end result of nearly a dozen generations of BlackBerrys, and over a decade of user input.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    The Thunder will not let you down however I don't really like touchscreens...So these days I'm Carrying 8310(Sometimes 9000), 8220 and 8800. The reason for the 8800 is I often have to leave my camera devices at Security.

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBizIU View Post
    Screen res will be better than the iPhone. The device size has been approximated to be slimmer than the Curve but taller than the Pearl. Device thickness should be somewhere inbetween. It's rumored to have 1GB of internal memory with a MicroSD port which would allow for 8-16GB more space. No WiFi, probably GPS (although who knows if it's locked or not.). It'll be CDMA in the US and GSM internationally.

My personal thought is that Verizon is going to have a full scale riot on their hands if they lock out features on the only touchscreen BlackBerry. This device has real, honest potential to be the iPhone killer. And not in the way that the Dare or Instinct or the Voyager are (pale imitations). As in a device that is as sexy as the iPhone without being nearly as problematic. Remember that the iPhone is in it's 2nd generation. This device is the end result of nearly a dozen generations of BlackBerrys, and over a decade of user input.
    If it's GSM internationally does that mean I can buy one unlocked overseas and use it with a GSM carrier in the US ? Sayyyy T-Mobile

PIN/ID
    haha game my thoughts EXACTLY ...

so no wifi eh .... i say that there really has to be that capability to truely be and awesome phone ...

wow ... that would really suck if there is no wifi ...

PIN/ID
    The Thunder also known as BlackBerry 9500 will feature a huge 360x480 touch display and will apparently run on OS 4.7. This device will be a great multimedia player and could bring CDMA carriers true iPhone competition. The Thunder will run a carrier music store which similar to the iPhone's iTunes store and will allow users to purchase songs from their device.

http://blackberrysync.com/2008/07/bl...-media-player/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast