Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BlackBerry 9000 was outed not too long ago to mixed reactions. After all the hype ... BlackBerry Bold forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Thumbs up BlackBerry 9100 on the way?

Advertisement

BlackBerry 9000 was outed not too long ago to mixed reactions. After all the hype of an iPhone-fighting BlackBerry, the BlackBerry 9000 was a bit of a let down. But, as a smartphone in and of itself, the BlackBerry 9000 is a highly competent smartphone that's likely to give potential iPhone buyers pause.

So, to keep things fired up, here's new speculation that a BlackBerry 9100 is on the way. The eagle eyes at BGR have found references to a BlackBerry 9100 with an external display. Both Vodafone and DoCoMo are mentioned as possible carriers for the BlackBerry 9100.

Full Article

Here is are different articles regarding 9100 also:

phonemag

BoyGenius
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 04-18-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: removed images to prevent leaching
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    I saw this earlier, and I'm, wondering if the 9100 will be the Flip phone Blackberry that I heard will be coming out

BekNazar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a6d5d6
    It will probably be the same phone just one for the US 3G frequencies and one for the EU 3G frequencies. I can't see RIM using the same series number for a completely different phone... They haven't done it before.

Todd

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I wonder how long it will take to have this out. Hopefully in 2 years LOL

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Before I make this statement, I will qualify it by saying that I truly hope that the info I currently have is wrong. I will also say that it is no way official, or obtained illegally.

I'm of the understanding that due to a host of circumstances yet to be resolved, it may be at least six months from today before the next new BlackBerry of any model is released in the US.

Very discouraging. I can only hope that this info is wrong.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Well, all I can say is if you are happy with your current BB, keep it, and be patient. My upgrade isn't till July, but I will wait till something makes me want to get rid of my Pearl!!!!!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    They do seem to be doing a lot of good work, 4.5 and the specs on the 9000 look super but there is a back log.
    Need to get to the market with these.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    yes agreed....

I hate myself today... i was forced to purchase an HTC Touch Duo, to meet my 3G requirements. All your fault RIM, all your fault.

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5
    Agreed. Very discouraging indeed. In Asia, few countries like Singapore (for sure), India and Indonesia will get later (time varies for each country - it could be 6 months..or a year or so) after the US released. For Malaysia official release, it is even more time consuming. You can expect new upcoming model announcement/release even before you get the current ones! .

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Before I make this statement, I will qualify it by saying that I truly hope that the info I currently have is wrong. I will also say that it is no way official, or obtained illegally.

I'm of the understanding that due to a host of circumstances yet to be resolved, it may be at least six months from today before the next new BlackBerry of any model is released in the US.

Very discouraging. I can only hope that this info is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    Well, all I can say is if you are happy with your current BB, keep it, and be patient.
    --------
    Greetings Moses,

Your logical, intelligent, common sense statement reminds me of when I used to be "normal".

Sadly, those days are gone (I think) as I'm now a full fledged BlackBerry addict.

Thank You for reminding me how "normal" people think....

Your friend,
    Archer

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    No problem Archer, I just get tired of getting my hopes up, and then get violently shot down!!!! It's a wait and see process with this RIM company

Actually all kidding aside, as a businessman I do understand the challenges they face, and there are many. Especially when one takes into consideration their relatively recent entry into the consumer market & all the success that has created. Demand for handsets has skrocketed. Then add the challenge of the added competion created by the over-hyped, under performing iPhone, and any company would be hard pressed to keep up.

So yes, on one hand I'm as eager as anyone to get the 9xxx model. Then on the other hand I do understand that there are a tremendous amount of details, decisions, and approvals to deal with before it's ready for public release.

Finally as you mentioned earlier, when I step back, stop obssesing over the 9xxx model, my truth is that I have never been happier as I currently am with my 8310. It meets every _need_ I have, is fast, reliable, and fun to use. I could carry on, going forward with this BB for a very long time.
    Cheers!

via: BlackBerry 8310
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    So let me see if I understand you correctly...
    ... They scrapped that fugly black and chrome knock off iPhone that was so widely hyped here on the stacks?

If I'm understanding you correctly this is the best news i've heard in a long time and RIM can take as long as they want to build it as long as it looks better than that one did!
    :)

sender no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C1561
    I think I'll wait for the 9800.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    With all of the hype of sotware versions like 4.5 going in increments of .000001 steps, which take 10 yrs of development between steps, etc. (I guess it takes rim 10 yrs to add an "A", to a line of code?
    Now the harware versions, 9000, 9100, etc....
    BOTH of which are roller coaster rides which always lead to letdowns, and all the hype to phones that most likely not even on paper yet.
    JEESE PEOPLE!
    Let me start a new model 42,000,000 AND the new software version 55.663.521!
    ALL of which will be severely crippled by your wireless carriers!
    Speculations galore. Guess, guess, guess....
    The only constants I see, is the phone manufacturer's will always let the carriers tell you what you can do with YOUR phones!
    Now you know, no more model and software speculations needed.
    How about some facts anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast