Has anyone heard any updates regarding blackberry 9000? I am anxiously waiting to see what ... BlackBerry Bold forum

doctibby no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 9000 upcoming release

Advertisement

Has anyone heard any updates regarding blackberry 9000? I am anxiously waiting to see what is in store for Christmas/New Years release for new devices. I really like the 8800 but I prefer the 8820 since it has both GPS and Wifi capabilities but that phone is available for AT&T and not T-Mobile. I have an excellent plan with T-Mobile and do not plan on switching. I am not fond of the 8320, I think it is too wide.

Hayden, have you heard anything new? I have been searching the web and boygeniusreport but everything I find seems to be at least 10 months to 1 year old or more.

Thanks for any replies.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Blackberry 9000 upcoming release

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the 8800 series is wider than the 8300

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Blackberry 9000 upcoming release

You can buy the 8820 and get it unlocked and then it will work on T-Mobile.

You are aware that the 8820 is wider than the 8320? It is also longer.

I don't think anyone has heard anything about a release date for any 9000 type BBs yet, but I would not expect it to be this year. The 8320, 8820, and the New Pearl have all just been released.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

jamesTx! no está en línea Stack level 2
    engadgetmobile.com has video of the new 9000 (and pics)

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Rumor mill (thefreecell or thecellfree...sometthing like that) is saying an august release. I would say that sounds right. The curve came right after the 8100 and since att just release the "new" pearl....then it would make sense for another phone to compete with that.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I really doubt it will I have a feeling it will be a dual release with the #G iPhone

inonickno no está en línea Stack level 1
    actually doctibby your right its a long time for the release date. The Boy Genius is reporting that there is going to be a slight delay in the release of the much-awaited Blackberry 9000, and will more likely be released around late May at best, and if not then June or possibly August.

Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E
    Does anyone not like this unit? I'm a first time user on an 8300 and love it. I waited/passed on the 8800 as I didn't like keyboard spacing. This 9000 seems to be very similar to the 8800 and thus for me, despite 3G and WiFi and GPS (damn you ATT and the 8310) it might be a hold off and wait.

solo118 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Im willing to wait it out, but if its the size of the Q9 or along those lines I will wait for something smaller to come out...

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    You can buy the 8820 and get it unlocked and then it will work on T-Mobile.

You are aware that the 8820 is wider than the 8320? It is also longer.

I don't think anyone has heard anything about a release date for any 9000 type BBs yet, but I would not expect it to be this year. The 8320, 8820, and the New Pearl have all just been released.
    "Just" must mean within the last 8 months to you. The 8320 was released on 2007-09-24 - over 7 months ago. Perhaps you only mean the 2nd-generation Pearls (8110/8120/8130 - all were released within the last 5 months) & the Curve 8330. There hasn't been an 8800-series release since sometime last year (before the 8320). I would expect one major release each year from RIM, but I agree that right now or even summer may be too soon since the units I mentioned above were released as late as last month.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wstsydthug View Post
    Does anyone not like this unit? I'm a first time user on an 8300 and love it. I waited/passed on the 8800 as I didn't like keyboard spacing. This 9000 seems to be very similar to the 8800 and thus for me, despite 3G and WiFi and GPS (damn you ATT and the 8310) it might be a hold off and wait.
    No i too do not like this BB in any way, shape or form. I don't want to seem to extreme about it but I think it is a step backwards for RIM. I mean they copied the scheme of the Iphone and made it BIGGER than the curve? WHY RIM? Can't you read sales trends. People are getting away from bigger cell phones. Oh and only a 2mp camera? Are you kidding me? I love my curve and if i'm getting something new it needs to be improved. I really hope they do an overhaul on this design or I fear the worst for RIM when apple puts out its next gen Iphone which won't have the mistakes its predecessor had. Seriously, as much as i don't like the Iphone, the next gen is going to be outstanding and far superior to the brick of phone the 9k will be.
    :)

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    for at&t it comes out june 18th but may be put back to july

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_polak15 View Post
    for at&t it comes out june 18th but may be put back to july
    You got a source there buddy?