Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

actually $399 for the blackberry 9000 isn't that bad in pricing because i have seen ... BlackBerry Bold forum

inonickno no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

actually $399 for the blackberry 9000 isn't that bad in pricing because i have seen from searching the web its way more than that. The people who are buying them and found the site to buy them i wounder if its really a good deal for it.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    its 399 uk.... its 800 bucks basically us
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by theOutsider View Post
    A Few Things:

For the last 12 months or so, any evaluation units we have received from RIM have had IT Policies attached to them. Even when attempting to remove the IT policy, it wont remove unless you have the operating system for the device installed onto the computer as well. Don't know if this is a super-secret IT policy that RIM enforces on evaluation units or what. Regardless, without the operating system you more than likely aren't going to get the IT policy off it, as we have tried. And good luck getting the operating system as well. We have some of these devices in our offices and one gave a JVM error. We were unable to receive the operating system for it and had to send it back to rim, as they would not allow us access to the operating system yet.

that being said, assuming that:
    a: it's a legit post
    b: it doesn't get taken down
    c: you are able to make payment
    d: you actually receive the device

good luck actually getting it to work and not just being a brick.

Where do you work?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

n8dbb2 no está en línea Stack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Where do you work?
    Sorry...That information won't be disclosed.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    LOL...then I gotta giggle at the information you gave. You are telling us that RIM gives you all the BB 9000's but you can't do anything because you dont have the OS and RIM "took it back"....ok Clark Kent.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Why would this be released in the UK and not in the USA? Is it a first run or a trial run?

LOL...then I gotta giggle at the information you gave. You are telling us that RIM gives you all the BB 9000's but you can't do anything because you dont have the OS and RIM "took it back"....ok Clark Kent.
    That is correct. They didn't necessarily "Take it back", however, they will not release the OS for it...yet....We didn't have to send it back in, but what good is a device sitting there that has a JVM error? About as good as a 6th toe.

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Why would this be released in the UK and not in the USA? Is it a first run or a trial run?
    It's not released...They are evaluation units. Just like the 4.3 and 4.5 beta operating systems that they have, they have beta/eval units also for devices.

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    it got taken down haha

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I'm agreeing with a few others here: it's too ugly. I love my Curve and if it does come to CDMA carriers I'll check the price but it's waaay too expensive and too big too.

~via BB 8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Hah the test run in uk, the head quarters are here in canada, why the hell would they beta test it there? Its the same as making an american only gps and beta testing it in russia lol
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneKam View Post
    Hah the test run in uk, the head quarters are here in canada, why the hell would they beta test it there? Its the same as making an american only gps and beta testing it in russia lol

Makes sense.

You would think that because it is a 3G device they are eager to get it tested in areas where 3G is more accessible, rather than in Canada because it has just been rolled out there.
    Also, they would need to test it on both sides of the water because 3G frequency in the Americas is 1900, where as rest of the world is 2100, so they need to test that out as well obviously.

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    i gotta go with ya on this one outsider sounds like RIM....thanks for the info much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by theOutsider View Post
    That is correct. They didn't necessarily "Take it back", however, they will not release the OS for it...yet....We didn't have to send it back in, but what good is a device sitting there that has a JVM error? About as good as a 6th toe.
    RedCurv07

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Giggle all you want, Lois. I've seen what he's talking about.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Just wondering if your purpose here on pinstack is to critique what people have to say for your own self humor? Do you have a 9000 device?? Does rim send them to you? Do you know how device testers/beta testers do and don't work? I'm just curious.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast