Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

But according to our president, who apparently knows all, we aren't in a recession so ... BlackBerry Bold forum

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

But according to our president, who apparently knows all, we aren't in a recession so we should have no problem with 1K cell phones. Maybe they are coinciding the release with the mailing of the tax rebate checks so we can all use our money on Berries??

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    it wouldnt be 1000 dollars gimme a break. What would warrent the price???

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by aboogy58 View Post
    I don't think anyone would pay that much for a phone anyway. That's just plan to much.
    I dont see it being $1000 in the states. It can be in other places but if its unlocked.

In the last 2-3 years Nokia has released over 10 phones that at launch have been priced at the $1000 range without contract unlocked. And most of those have been sold out and supply could not meet demand in at least the first 1 month.

Like we mentioned on the first page, mobile sales around the world are VERY different from back home in the states. I didnt realize until i moved to Europe then here.

Back home its the damn carriers that decide what phones you get and at how much. But in other parts of the world people have more choice, a lot more choice on products but at a price. There are great phones at reasonable prices and even better phones at high prices. Needless to say I think it sucks back home and people should have the right to choose what they want, not be told by carriers such as sprint and At&t or whoever else.

I remember when I was in LA in Sept and walked into the AT&t store the manager there had something I had never seen before, a Curve. And I had 2 phones he had never seen, Nokia E90 communicator & HTC Tytn2 (each one cost $1000 by the way)
    He told me how much it sucks that companies like his determine what products are available and how its not fair that smaller countries that are no comparison to the US get better phones that never even reach the states, and the ones that do come like 6 months after they are released elsewhere. The guy begged me to sell him either of them. I didnt sell them to him, but in the week I was there I did end up selling off both phones.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Sounds like a combination of media invented, impatient speculation and the average lemming like response from the blind followers. All rather meaningless really. Nothing like the facts to provide the "truth". Time will tell.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Thumbs up

for $1000 i'll buy me two 3G Iphones thank you very much. For now I'm gonna just ride it out with my 8310 til they come out and see what's the deeeeeeeaaaaaaal!

desjones571 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2456447E
    If this 9000 is in face $1000 when my contract is up in July; I will be purchasing an IPhone. Or better yet keep my 8820 and wait for the software upgrades.

iwhat?

via: Red BB 8310
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

RIM has yet to issue a press release or any other "official" information. And yet someone arbitrarily guesses a seliing price of $1,000. Which is completely unfounded & we have all these people buying into it?

via: Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    RIM has yet to issue a press release or any other "official" information. And yet someone arbitrarily guesses a seliing price of $1,000. Which is completely unfounded & we have all these people buying into it?

via: Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Id say a good 50% buy into what the media or another person say. Dont you agree archer?

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Id say a good 50% buy into what the media or another person say. Don't you agree archer?
    ------
    I agree. And please don't get me wrong everyone, I'm not being critical. It's just amazing that when something like this gets started it develops a life of it's own.

Look at RIM's track record, they have Never practiced price gouging. Nor have they overpriced any model. Finally it's very important to notice they have never done what Steve Jobs did to his customers when he cut the price by 1/3rd after the sales fell.

Let's give RIM Kudos & wait for Them to price the phone.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    They've always been fairly priced even with RIM knowing that they could probably get away with over pricing them, yet they don't. Remember RIM is NOT APPLE

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    They've always been fairly priced even with RIM knowing that they could probably get away with over pricing them, yet they don't. Remember RIM is NOT APPLE
    ------
    Very Well Said!

My truth is, I actually like _some_ of Apples products (PowerBooks/MacBook Pro) and I'm an Apple customer of many years.

That said, where I strongly disagree with them is in the tactics they use in marketing. The gross overpricing & never ending arrogance. Just for starters.

The way the guy in Levi's & black turtle neck maintains such an arrogant pompous stance. The juvenile Mac vs PC ads etc.
    Very self absorbed. To put it nicely

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ------
    Very Well Said!

My truth is, I actually like _some_ of Apples products (PowerBooks/MacBook Pro) and I'm an Apple customer of many years.

That said, where I strongly disagree with them is in the tactics they use in marketing. The gross overpricing & never ending arrogance. Just for starters.

The way the guy in Levi's & black turtle neck maintains such an arrogant pompous stance. The juvenile Mac vs PC ads etc.

Even more well said Archer6.

I've never got the joy to actually own a Apple computer, but I have been able to play with them. they are quite a magnificent device. They are probably priced where they should be, but if they wanted a even bigger customer base they should consider being reasonable about it.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    ------
    Very Well Said!

Well put. That is basically why I left apple. I think they make great products like the macbook pros (which I will buy if I need to), but their marketing just sucks.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    icaro, maybe you want to think twice now about waiting for the 9000..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast