Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...dio-episode-1/ the problem that RIM mas is the PERCEPTION that the iPhone in peoples eyes ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jr_sy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

BlackBerry 9000 $900-$1000 MSRP

Advertisement

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...dio-episode-1/

the problem that RIM mas is the PERCEPTION that the iPhone in peoples eyes (and wallets) is supposed to cost more...

THESE SUMS IT ALL UP: Making an iMpression - TrustedReviews By: Edward Chester http://www.trustedreviews.com/editor...-iMpression/p1

In case you hadn't worked it out yet, the point I'm trying to make is the key to the iPhone's success and, so far, the failure of other devices, is not its features and hardware but its software. Everything it can do it does with aplomb, so much so that it's literally changing the way people think about their mobile life. No longer do you use your phone to browse the web as a last resort, it's now your primary method. You don't have to fuss about with fiddly extra software or adding and removing memory cards to get music on your device (not to mention struggle through umpteen menus to get to the media player), it's now just a seamless experience - apart from the limited capacity, why would you ever need a seperate mp3 player?

The point is, Apple has proved that first and foremost people want a product that works. Having six key features that are useful everyday and easy to use - calling, SMS, web, email, video, and audio - beats having 10, 20, 30, three million features that are a pain to find or cumbersome to use.

As for the competition, well, they need to take onboard the lessons taught by Apple and use the same way of designing - thinking about the task before the solution - before just tacking on more and more features. Then maybe they will come up with devices we all actually want to use.
    Last edited by jr_sy; 04-09-2008 at 10:07 AM.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Wow. I hadn't seen that yet. If that pricing is true, maybe I'll just get a Nokia E90 till the price drops.

edit:
    Further listening to the radio show, I gather that the $1000 price tag will be subsidized down to about $400-500 still a bit crazy for a Blackberry, but still kinda worth it.
    Last edited by BenMarvin; 04-09-2008 at 10:14 AM.

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    yea the BB9000 looks like a beast from what i have saw but NEVER for $900-$1000 sorry i will stick with my 8100

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    why not..... nokia sells their high end phones like E90 comunicator, 8800 series, N series at $900-$1000 worldwide, and they are sold out for months when they come out. comunicator and 8800 anyways.... N series different story.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    hmm that price tag your going to see not too many of these phone out there but if 400-500 then i dont see any issues. My pearl when it first came out to the public i bought out right from tmo and i paid somewhere in the range of 400.

Quote Originally Posted by fritter View Post
    hmm that price tag your going to see not too many of these phone out there but if 400-500 then i don't see any issues. My pearl when it first came out to the public I bought out right from tmo and i paid somewhere in the range of 400.
    why not....... If Nokia can sell that many at that price why wouldn't Blackberry be able to. I think this price tag shows that Blackberry is waking up and seeing the potential for mobile sales outside North America. Where a higher percentage of users demand a higher model phone and are willing to pay for it. Phone companies wouldn't be able to give away for free in Europe or other parts of the developed world 90% of the phones sold in North America.

It makes more sense to me that RIM doesn't care whether "Joe Blow" is willing to spring for a 9000 on his next upgrade at contract time, however is finally reaching out to the customers who have been demanding a higher end phone from Rim and don't have a problem paying for it.

I hope that is their strategy, because you have the curve and 8800 for the masses and now its time to hit the niche market which is buying everything else except BB's and changing their phones every 6 months.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 04-09-2008 at 10:44 AM.

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    insane. I wouldnt even pay 400-500 If it was a touch device, then maybe they could get away with that cost.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I wouldn't consider the 9000 to be a be all high end phone. Nokia has a way bigger market when it comes to consumers. RIM just in the past year and a half has been trying to hit the consumer market on top of the corporate market at the same time. I will agree that the consumer market will pay more for the device but the corporate market will hold back.

Quote Originally Posted by europamo View Post
    insane. I wouldnt even pay 400-500 If it was a touch device, then maybe they could get away with that cost.
    Just cuz its touch doesnt make it better. I have had an iphone, and an HTC Tytn 2, which at the time was one of the most expensive phones going for $1050 and i Like my BB's interface much more.

Here Rims only distributor sells 8800 for $550, and Curve 8300 for $500
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 04-09-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fritter View Post
    I wouldn't consider the 9000 to be a be all high end phone. Nokia has a way bigger market when it comes to consumers. RIM just in the past year and a half has been trying to hit the consumer market on top of the corporate market at the same time. I will agree that the consumer market will pay more for the device but the corporate market will hold back.
    For a blackberry, it is a ''high end phone''.

And like you say, its the consumer market that spend$$$.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thats a high price tag but when the iphone first came out unlocked they were paying upto 900 plus dollars for them on ebay so i dont see why this new 900 wouldnt seel for aleast 600 dollars or so but the 1000 is a bit too high for me

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    1000 bones seems a bit steep but we are talking about an initial release price. That may only be that high for a few months if in fact its really that much. I would seriously consider it for 750 max though. Looks like a pretty tight unit. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I spent a grand total of $640 on the last 2 phones I bought out of pocket out of contract: 1) $310 for a BB 7105t because I was desperate for a working phone at the time, and 2) $330 for my first SideKick 3 13 months ago. I am eligible for an upgrade right now and if I can save my money by September or December, I'm looking at around another $300 for the SideKick LX. I love the BB platform (when it works) but $1000 for a BB?

I doubt they will sell it for $900-$1000 in North America.

redbonnie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304E6F86
    wow, you have got to be kidding, blackberry 9000. Now that would be my ultimate berry, when is it coming out?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast