Hey Stackers, I just received my black trackball in the mail but I am concerned. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Black Trackball

Advertisement

Hey Stackers, I just received my black trackball in the mail but I am concerned. It has the white band around the outside and was sent with the silver circle piece for the curve. Is this normal and it will still fit the bold, or did they send me a curve trackball by mistake? Are all trackballs the same size?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I just got one of my old 8318 trackballs out and compared it to the one in my Bold. they look the same but that white ring around the 8310s assembly makes it hard to really compare. If I was betting I'd say yes they are the same.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Thats what I am worried about is the white ring. I don't think you can get the white ring off. I tried to zoom in on the pics in this thread and see if the white ring was still there, or if it was the stock metal. Can anyone confirm this?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    all the track balls are the same size yes, had to edit my post as i just looked on cnn.cn, they list the same OEM track ball for the 81xx,83xx,88xx, and 9000. so chances are that it will work.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-81xx83...ll-p-3220.html , heres the link i was looking at

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Looks like they did send me the right trackball. I watched this youtube video and saw that the trackball does indeed have a white ring around it, it just has a silver housing that covers it. Here is the link, it was very helpful.

Trackball Video

PIN/ID
    Apple
    also, how did you get a black trackball witha white ring, i only see one with a black ring, weired

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Doesn't really matter the color of the ring, the silver housing covers it so all you see is the black trackball with the normal silver bold ring.

Got my trackball from ebay though.

suprtong no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2498D306
    i was just on ebay and sen a red trackball for the blackberrys coulldnt believe it..might have to get myself one.. heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/TRACKBALL-FOR-BL...item3357de917d i just scrolled down in my search and found a whole bunch of new colors purple blue pink green and a few more